| || 33233BR |
| || Creative Director |
| || Creative Director |
| || Campus: Downtown Phoenix |
| || Graphic & Visual Arts |
| || AZ PBS |
| || Full-Time |
| || VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC |
| || Open |
| || This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding. |
| || 04 |
| || Depends on experience |
| || 06-July-2017 |
| || |
Ranked one of the highest rated PBS stations in the country, Arizona PBS is launching a national search for its new Creative Director. The Creative Director will set the tone, style and aesthetic vision in all broadcast, digital and print representations of the station.
The creative director leads a small team and works with others across the enterprise to develop and execute a coherent, visible brand for the station across platforms. In collaboration with senior management, the creative director will develop and oversee the station’s branding and promotion strategy; create program campaigns; oversee the production of all related ancillary communication and sales materials utilized station-wide, and update the station style guide.
| || |
- Works in collaboration with senior management to provide the creative direction and design aesthetic across all platforms for Arizona PBS
- Creates broadcast graphics and animation as well as provides station broadcast design elements
- Creates and oversees set design and creation
- Manages multiple projects from concept through completion, such as marketing and sales presentations; manages the budget for projects and monitors time management and deadlines
- Provides overall leadership and direction for the design team and directs the creative function so that the team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals and brand of the station and school
- Leads, directs, and participates in the establishment of design projects and services and ensures print and electronic design services for senior management are completed in a timely manner
- Recruits and manages third party design firms as needed; obtains bids and recommends contract awards; maintains contact with vendors to ensure adherence to time schedules and specifications
- Prepares cost estimates for persons requesting design or graphic art services; maintains accurate records of work in progress for billing and departmental records and manages the department budget
- Manages the daily maintenance and workflow of projects, including creation of production schedules and status reports to internal clients
| || |
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Fine Arts, Communications, or in a related commercial arts field AND eight (8) years experience in graphic design and/or website design, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience ; OR, Twelve (12) years experience in graphic design and/or website design, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
| || Demonstrated Knowledge of:|
- Creating on-air promotional broadcast design
- Computer languages and software including HTML, Flash, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, Photoshop, AfterEffect and Final Cut Pro
- Managing and supervising others
- effective teamwork and interpersonal relations
- project management and organization
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- effective verbal and written communication skills
| || |
Our office is located in the Walter Cronkite building, downtown ASU campus. Activities are performed in an environmentally air conditioned controlled office setting, and are subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Must clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
| || Arizona PBS specializes in the education of children, in-depth news and public affairs, lifelong learning, and the celebration of arts and culture — utilizing the power of noncommercial television, the Internet, educational outreach services, and community-based initiatives. The PBS station began broadcasting from the campus of Arizona State University on Jan. 30, 1961. In 2014, the station became part of ASU’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Now more than 80 percent of Arizonans receive the signal through a network of translators, cable and satellite systems. With more than 1 million viewers each week, Arizona PBS consistently ranks among the most-viewed public television stations per capita in the country. Arizonans provide more than 60 percent of the station's annual budget.|
Arizona PBS is a member-supported community service of ASU and the Cronkite School.
| || |
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. |
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check. |
| || |
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.