| || 32305BR |
| || Asst Director |
| || Asst Director, Starbucks Initiative |
| || ASU Online |
| || Generic |
| || EdPlus Starbucks Initiatives |
| || Full-Time |
| || EdPlus at ASU |
| || Open |
| || This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding. |
| || 03 |
| || $46,800 - $80,000 per year; DOE |
| || 25-May-2017 |
| || |
EdPlus at ASU seeks a highly-motivated and articulate Assistant Director to join our high-performing team. In this role, the Assistant Director will perform administrative functions by assisting with the planning, organizing and directing the day to day operations of the Starbucks Initiatives, primarily, including the Starbucks College Achievement Plan and other initiatives as required by the organizational Starbucks partnership. The Assistant Director will also participate in day to day work to ensure the success of the Starbucks partnership, including independently managing projects and workstreams, tracking and measuring enrollment and retention goals, supporting special projects that help enhance experiences for students participating in the Starbucks College Achievement Plan, and partnering with Arizona State University team members for success as well as external team members and partners. The Assistant Director of Starbucks Initiatives reports to the Director of Starbucks Initiatives.
EdPlus is a leader in online learning and global education. Our mission is to reimagine teaching and learning and deliver education at scale and speed to everyone, everywhere.
EdPlus at ASU
| || |
- Assists in the management of the Starbucks Initiatives portfolio and serves as a resource for the Director regarding requirements and trends in department.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates assigned staff.
- Monitors work in progress and upon completion.
- Implements corrective action as required.
- Oversees and participates in planning, developing and administering department budget.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of financial and administrative reports; analyzes and interprets statistics, financial data, and management planning data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
- Conducts and assists with the development of long- and short-range goals.
- Develops objectives, and activities based on department goals.
- Develops, maintains, and implements department policies and procedures.
- Serves as a representative of the University at state, regional and national organizations, boards, councils and committees as assigned.
- Available to travel as needed out of state, domestically (primarily). Anticipated travel requirements include quarterly meetings out of state and additional ad-hoc meetings. Flexibility to travel is needed.
- Represents the college/department and serves on various department and university committees.
- Acts as liaison with the community, students, faculty, and staff in facilitating university programs.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates department programs.
- Assists in the design, development and coordination of projects.
- Resolves problems and issues affecting the department and recommends measures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- May represent and act on behalf of the Director in the Director’s absence as appropriate and as assigned.
- Works independently to achieve project and program goals with tight timelines.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external partners, exhibiting professionalism in all interaction.
- Assumes and coordinates other duties as assigned.
| || |
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND six (6) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Ten (10) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
| || |
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
- Experience working in fast-paced, ever-changing environments with at times unpredictable new challenges and need to prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and function both as a team member and a team leader.
- Evidence of desire to create new, unique, and best-in class products.
- Experience working with technology projects.
- Evidence of desire to learn new technology as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of education industry (higher education preferred).
- Evidence of familiarity with corporate partnerships and relationship strategies.
- Evidence of strong project management skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be willing to travel for job.
| || |
Our offices are located in ASU SkySong, a dynamic center for innovation - home to both start-ups and Fortune 500 companies.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
| || EdPlus at ASU works to accelerate the acceptance and adoption of digital teaching and learning at ASU, in America and the world.|
Help us change the world of higher education by becoming part of our innovative, enthusiastic and disciplined team. Our culture is one where everybody contributes, because we feel a sense of urgency each day; where everyone strives for excellence, because we seek to delight our stakeholders; where everybody takes risks, because we are challenged by our ambitions to be bold; and where we achieve milestones and are closers.
If you wish to work in an environment where you will be valued for the skills you bring to projects and be challenged to stretch your current capabilities and apply them in new ways, then consider becoming part of EdPlus at ASU.
EdPlus at ASU
| || |
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. |
| || ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check. |
| || |
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
EdPlus at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States.