| || 42258BR |
| || Sr. Communications Manager |
| || Harvard Graduate School of Education |
| || ------------ |
| || USA - MA - Cambridge |
| || Communications |
| || Full-time |
| || Center on the Developing Child |
| || 057 |
| || 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary |
| || The Senior Communications Manager, Technology will play a key role in both initiating and supporting activities in service of the mission of the Center on the Developing Child, a rapidly growing, interdisciplinary, University-wide center. Our mission is to drive science-based innovation to achieve breakthrough outcomes for children facing adversity.|
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as webmaster for Center’s online presence with responsibility for overseeing the implementation of ongoing strategy. Manage and execute updates and maintenance of existing website and its content. Perform necessary server-side maintenance for Wordpress platform and related themes and plugins. Research, plan, and execute or oversee the implementation of new content, features, and functionality. Ensure compatibility of content across devices and compliance with accessibility standards and industry best practices.
• Employ advanced media and web production skills to the creation of new web content using video, audio, still imagery, and text. Responsible for developing, producing, and delivering new content and media while adhering to the Center’s branding and preserving a consistent look across all communications products. Provide direction, specifications, and coordination to web developers, designers, and outside vendors and freelancers for development of advanced content such as interactive features, videos and animation, specialized graphics and multimedia.
• Work with Senior Communications Manager and communications team to develop and execute a coordinated strategy for the Center’s online presence and multimedia products, including content development, dissemination, and evaluation. Ensure alignment and shareability of content across social media platforms and related dissemination platforms.
• Oversee collection and analysis of web metrics to measure, evaluate, and enable decision-making and actions to improve the Center's efficiency and effectiveness in achieving its strategic goals, as well as those of its individual users. Uses the information to generate reports to be shared with prospective funders and for funder reports. Lead user research and usability testing to understand and continuously evaluate the effectiveness of web strategy in meeting the needs of its target audiences.
• Establish and oversee processes and technological systems to support consistent data collection and knowledge sharing across the Center. Serve as an administrator for Center’s Salesforce relationship management database and ensures proper usage by staff. Oversee maintenance of Center mailing lists used for large email campaigns, including the Center’s newsletter.
• Lead research, identification and deployment of effective online platforms, tools, and services to foster innovation and support shared learning and virtual collaboration at the Center and among its key constituents. Oversee related support and training for staff in the use of online tools and platforms. Provide consultation and general support for Center staff regarding communications and technology-related needs.
• Working closely with the Center’s Finance Office, track and manage expenses for all areas of responsibility and participate in budget development, tracking, and accountability.
| || Requirements: Bachelor's degree in communications, web development or related discipline, plus at least five years’ experience in progressively responsible digital content development and management. Must have experience with website development and ongoing website management, a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and a strong understanding of user-centric design and mobile optimization. Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS is required. Significant experience with WordPress or equivalent content management system required.|
Any applicant wishing to be considered for this position must indicate that they meet all of the basic requirements in either their cover letter or resume.
| || This position will be part of the Center’s communications team and will be responsible for leading and implementing the Center’s digital strategy, overseeing the continuous updating and expansion of our web presence and other digital tools in order to maximize the impact of the knowledge generated by the Center and its affiliates. This role will help the Center engage target audiences and support a dynamic learning community—across North America and, increasingly, globally—that is united by a commitment to achieving breakthrough outcomes for young children.|
This role will develop, maintain and execute work plans for digital content development and production, including identifying and securing external vendors to provide additional expertise and resources, as needed. The position will work with minimal supervision, using independent judgment and discretion, in a fast-paced environment with multiple, conflicting, and evolving priorities.
Please attach resume and cover letter as one document.
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
| ||Education |
| || We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. |