| || The Lab Analyst is responsible for performing routine chemical and microbiological analysis in an accurate and timely manner ensuring the manufacturing process is continuous and the finished product is ready for release. The Lab Analyst is also required to lead and/or assist with in-house Laboratory validation studies/projects.
1. Perform routine chemical and microbiological analysis as required by the laboratory. Collect and prepare samples for chemical and microbiological analysis.
2. Technically comprehend test processes and perform required troubleshooting studies/investigations to resolve technical and/or operational issues, for process improvements and validations. Drive out of spec investigations to a successful and timely conclusion.
3. Lead and/or assist with in-house Laboratory validation studies/projects as required by the Laboratory Manager.
4. Assist with following; training of other Laboratory personnel, internal auditing as well as supporting QC auditors with product release and paperwork review.
5. Comply and adhere to all the relevant company policies, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
6. Adhere to laboratory dress code and facility safety procedures. Perform routine laboratory cleaning of benches and laboratory equipment. Perform basic equipment maintenance.
7. Complete cross training as requested to support Production needs.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
9. Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving Alcon and Novartis QS requirements.
Specific Position knowledge/skills/abilities:
Strong chemical/microbiology technical knowledge, with system troubleshooting and validation experience.
Good attention to detail,
Flexible/adaptable to change
Good communication skills
Ability to work on own initiative
Technical understanding of chemical/microbiology processes