| || 229169BR |
| || Cash Management Specialist |
| || NBS |
| || FRA Operations NBS |
| || Czech Republic |
| || Prague |
| || NOV CZE |
| || Audit & Finance |
| || Full Time |
| || Regular |
| || Welcome to the future of medicine.
Be part of a rapidly growing, diverse and high caliber team of passionate people who strive to make a difference. Join the Novartis team in Prague and enjoy our inspiring environment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, a wealth of opportunities for career development and an undeniably friendly culture.
Novartis is currently searching for a Cash Management Specialist to join the Novartis.
The Cash Management Specialist is supporting the Novartis NGSC TCM – cash canagement processes, enabling the execution of quality services. He/She is managing the cash forecasting activities, is establishing and coordinating data collection with key stakeholders in NGSC and in countries. This role is managing performance analysis, banking set-up, controlling of bank operations and all TCM relevant master data, enabling effective and efficient TCM processes. He/She is ensuring coordination of activities with In-House-Bank (IHB) and supports having systems, documentation, compliance and reporting in place.
• Act as a single point of contact for any unresolved inquiries for assigned scope of responsibilities
• Drive initiatives to improve accuracy of the short term cash forecast.
• Support continuous improvement of services in quality and effectiveness in close collaboration with line manager, peers and NGSC process streams.
• Support troubleshooting of existing problems and respective permanent solutions.
• Proactively challenge the status quo and present fact based recommendations.
• Provide assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to payment processes and system solutions.
• Coordinate with local entities, NGSC and outsourcing partners all relevant activities to provide seamless service.
• Timely performance of Novartis internal controls relevant to cash management Processing.
Manage day-to-day activities:
• Establish an effective forecasting data collection process and control mechanisms.
• Manage, review and control the daily forecasting process in coordination with the relevant stakeholders in NGSC and in countries.
• Review and controls bank/IHB charges, conditions on a periodic basis.
• Manage TCM master data (e.g statutory exchange rates).
• Support bank account life cycle, e-banking system, approval workflow and related cash management guidelines in coordination with Group Treasury.
• Support periodic review of TCM finance core SOP(cash management) with FC&C team and closing of step-outs. Compliance
• Ensure that all processes, policies and procedures are clearly defined, fully documented, in line with Novartis standards (TCM Finance Core) and regularly benchmarked against best practices
• Ensure and monitor execution of all activites in full compliance with Novartis Accounting Manual (NAM), Novartis Financial Controls Manual (NFCM) and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure application of agreed Novartis control procedures and actively support to deliver SOX certification.
• Support internal and external audits when required.
• Promote and ensure a strong control environment and follows up on audit issues and implement correcting measures.
| || The ideal candidate will have:
• University level degree in Business Administration/ Economics/Finance or Chartered Accountant / MBA desirable.
• Lean/ Six Sigma Certified preferred.
• Good English (written and spoken).
• 3 years of financial experience, with in-depth functional expertize.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix organization.
• SAP knowledge (FI)
• Experience of managing projects driving performance (e.g. ERP implementation) is a plus
• Good people skills.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague:
The Center, one of 5 around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis worldwide. We have highly qualified teams in areas such as scientific and commercial services (known as Product Lifecycle Services), IT, Human Resources, Financial Reporting & Accounting, Procurement, Real Estate and Facility Services, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Communications.
Here’s some of the reasons we think you should join us:
• A job with a purpose. At Novartis, we all contribute to our mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.
• A wealth of opportunities for career progression and working with best-in-class professionals.
• A diverse team that reflects the rich diversity of our markets. Over 55 nationalities speaking with 30+ languages, all generations, and more than 44% of female.
• Our modern and newly designed workplace is a pleasant place that reflects the need for flexible ways of working in order to bring new ideas to life.
• We live by our values; we cherish not only what we do but also how we do it. .
• Diversity & Inclusion mind-set. We aspire to move beyond stereotypes and bias to bring differences together, so we can see the world through the eyes of our patients and customers.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes:
• Competitive salary;
• Annual performance-based bonus;
• Employee recognition scheme;
• A benefits scheme above local legislation standards including pension and risk-life insurance, benefit package for health, education, culture and sport activities;
• Healthcare program that offers easy access to comprehensive health care;
• Variety of medical check-ups or consultations on-site;
• An Employee Assistance Program;
• 25 days annual leave, 4 days paid sick leave and Christmas holiday;
• Public transport allowance;
• Flexible working arrangements including Home Office;
• Support for a healthy lifestyle through the daily offering of fruit & vegetables.
We are looking forward to talking to you and sharing more about our broad range of opportunities.