| || The MSL serves to advance science and standards of care for patients, healthcare providers and payers, and en-sure they can access all the practical and clinically relevant information and solutions they need to use Sandoz’s products efficiently and safely.
Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) (see Note 1 below) are key members of the medical department. They are re-sponsible for developing and implementing customer facing medical strategies and have a primary liaison role to the medical and scientific community. MSLs are responsible for engaging Customers, including HCPs, in non-promotional medical and scientific discussions regarding all on-market and in-development Sandoz products, in-cluding those that have been in-licensed, or on topics relating to disease states. The role of the MSL is to interact significantly with external customers in a non-HQ office based setting (i.e. in the field).
1. Communicate and inform on complex scientific and medical information on disease areas in which Sandoz is involved, and on our products; to support the safe, effective and appropriate use of Sandoz medicines. MSLs develop professional and credible medical/scientific relationships with customers (Healthcare Profes-sionals, Payers, and the like) and external experts of strategic importance to Sandoz.
2. Serve as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for external experts in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant Sandoz medicines, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use.
3. Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested - with the focus on key external experts.
4. Participate in the selection process to identify appropriately qualified experts the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as potential research collaborations, or educational and advisory roles (Advisory Boards, Congresses, Symposia, etc.); while ensuring a high level of scientific or educational integri-ty in these collaborative efforts.
5. Support internal teams such as sales and marketing and members of the Country organization marketing teams to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presenta-tions. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other in-field members while retaining functional in-dependence.
6. Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for Sandoz in key academic centers by facilitation of re-search and educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on prod-ucts or areas of therapeutic interest to Sandoz.
7. Assist in the initiation, oversight and follow up of clinical studies and medical projects initiated within the therapeutic area for which the MSL carries responsibility (e.g. post marketing clinical activities such as regis-try/database projects, epidemiological surveys, post-authorization studies (phase IV).
8. Act as the point of contact with external experts to facilitate investigator initiated study (IIS) ideas and re-quests for support to the local, regional and global medical teams as appropriate.
9. Facilitate medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities – and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
10. Attend relevant scientific meetings and Conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform Sandoz strategic priorities and initiatives.
11. Upon request, assist physicians with requests for access to Sandoz medicines on a named patient or com-passionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
12. Provide key external experts and internal medical and clinical teams with scientific and technical support for publications of scientific or medical interest.
13. Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with due regard to all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Company policies and accepted standards of best practice.
| || • Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for the assigned thera-peutic area, and in medical research in general
• A minimum of 2-3 years working in a clinical or pharmaceutical environment
• Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
• Demonstrated expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and cur-rent legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
• Ability to comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments.
Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with external experts, physicians and other healthcare decision makers.
• Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD., MD, PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred but candidates with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and demonstrat-ed experience will be considered.
• Fluent in English, Dutch , French both written and spoken
• This is a Field based role. Travel within the country of employment to the order of 80% may be expected.
• Relevant Therapy Area Knowledge
• Product Knowledge
• Translating scientific or clinical data into high quality medical information
• Good understanding of:
- drug development
- statistics and data analysis
- Pricing, reimbursement and pharmacoeconomics
• Customer market insight
• Competent in delivering medical / scientific presentations
• Managing customers and internal matrix partners
• Cultural diversity
• Project management skills
• Compliance mind-set
• High customer orientation.
• Exercises good judgment on regulatory, legal, quality and technical related compliance issues; ensures compliance obligations are met across all areas of responsibility.
• Positive and ‘can-do’ approach; biased towards finding solutions and win/wins;
responsiveness and flexibility. Excellent team playing and communication skills; strong sense of ownership and accountability