| || Alcon Pharmaceuticals as the global leader in eye care is helping people see the world better through advanced surgical and vision care products. We serve eye care professionals and their patients in more than 180 countries, reaching 90% of the globe, to help millions of people see the world better with clarity, color and beauty.
Member of Novartis Group since 2011.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner with ECE Cluster responsibility
Main purpose of the position:
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position is also responsible to run the HR agenda and the daily HR business operations.
HRBP ECE is the main Business Partner for Alcon Hungary and Romania. The position requires regular travel to across the countries.
Responsibilites and daily tasks:
In cooperation with the HR Head, the HRBP partners with the line managers in various HR functions and ensures compliance with the overall Alcon strategy and procedures across the ECE cluster. Works on C&B, Recruitment, Communication, Performance Management, Team & Leadership Development, Talent Management, Legal issues, Training and Coaching.
• Consults with line management, acts as HR expert, provide HR guidance when appropriate to support the daily operation. Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
• Act as Change Agent and Cultural Ambassador within the organization.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
• Works closely together with HR Operations function to manage the daily HR operations in the countries, like absences, payroll activities, reporting, merit processes, position management, etc.
• Supports the yearly Performance Management Process and provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Supports the Organizational Talent Management process
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Leads and participates in the implementation of Global and cluster HR projects aiming at the improvement of HR processes and optimize knowledge sharing and effectiveness.
• Partners with Novartis Group HR counterparts and represent Alcon HR function as member of local HR Boards
• Acts as owner of local HR policies, provides guidance and interpretation on Global and local policies applicable to the country organizations.
• Manages and leads recruitment processes, provides strategic guidance and supports/challenges the line managers in their recruitment activities
• Manages contracting for new hires, promotions and transfers.
• Manages onboarding and exit processes of personnel
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Service minded attitude when dealing with the organizational issues
• High learning agility
• Business Acumen, the ability to overlook and understand the business
• Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills
• Influencing attitude
• High ethical standards
• HR Expertise
• Relationship management, sensitivity and open mindedness
• Excellent listening and decoding skills