| || Solution Deployment Manager, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
Welcome to the future of medicine.
Be part of a rapidly growing, diverse and high caliber team of passionate people who strive to make a difference. Join the Novartis team in Prague and enjoy our inspiring environment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, a wealth of opportunities for career development and an undeniably friendly culture.
Novartis is currently searching for a Solution Deployment Manager
Leading up to 20 project managers who are responsible for digital delivery, the purpose for the Solution Deployment Manager is to manage a portfolio of projects in the area of Web, Social and Mobile solutions across multiple countries and/or functions. Managing system validation activities and ensuring changes are introduced in a systematic way that avoids any impact to existing services.
- • Provide leadership and decision-making support by establishing project governance and clear responsibilities for solution deployment projects
• Provide project reporting including overall performance of the project and project completion documentation for solution deployment projects
• Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Solution Deployment scope
• Assure that projects within managed portfolio are delivered on time, on scope and on budget
• Acts as the first escalation point
• Captures and prioritizes change requests that can include new requirements, features, functions, operational constraints, regulatory demands and technical enhancements.
• Analyses risk sensitivities residing within each project, as the basis for determining confidence levels across the portfolio
• Integrate costs and schedule risk management with techniques for determining contingency and risk plans
• Enable organization to gain an objective view of uncertainties within managed project portfolio
• Assures that project charging is performed precisely, according to baselined project costs and on time
| || The ideal candidate will have:
• 12+ years of program or project portfolio management experience in Pharma industry
• Sound knowledge in the area of project management and pharma regulatory
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Self-managed, strong initiative & multi-tasker
• Capability to think strategically
• Ability to interact with a typically diverse internal and external audience and is required to interpret and communicate complex information
• Ability to interact at senior and executive levels within the organization
• Excellent relationship building
• Ability to work under pressure
• Superior communication and presentation skills
• Ability to mediate in case of conflicts
• Capable of working in an international environment with virtual teams/resources and with non co-located customers (matrix / remote environments exposure)
• Specialized knowledge in Digital, Mobile and Analytics technologies (CMS knowledge in particular)
• Expert Knowledge of Project Management and Software Life Cycle methodologies (ITIL, Agile, GxP), internal IT standards and financial processes.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage large geographically or functionally dispersed teams
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague:
The Center, one of 5 around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis worldwide. We have highly qualified teams in areas such as scientific and commercial services (known as Product Lifecycle Services), IT, Human Resources, Financial Reporting & Accounting, Procurement, Real Estate and Facility Services, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Communications.
Here’s some of the reasons we think you should join us:
• A job with a purpose. At Novartis, we all contribute to our mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.
• A wealth of opportunities for career progression and working with best-in-class professionals.
• A diverse team that reflects the rich diversity of our markets. Over 55 nationalities speaking with 30+ languages, all generations, and more than 44% of female.
• Our modern and newly designed workplace is a pleasant place that reflects the need for flexible ways of working in order to bring new ideas to life.
• We live by our values; we cherish not only what we do but also how we do it. .
• Diversity & Inclusion mind-set. We aspire to move beyond stereotypes and bias to bring differences together, so we can see the world through the eyes of our patients and customers.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes:
• Competitive salary;
• Annual performance-based bonus;
• Employee recognition scheme;
• A benefits scheme above local legislation standards including pension and risk-life insurance, benefit package for health, education, culture and sport activities;
• Healthcare program that offers easy access to comprehensive health care;
• Variety of medical check-ups or consultations on-site;
• An Employee Assistance Program;
• 25 days annual leave, 4 days paid sick leave and Christmas holiday;
• Public transport allowance;
• Flexible working arrangements including Home Office;
• Support for a healthy lifestyle through the daily offering of fruit & vegetables.
We are looking forward to talking to you and sharing more about our broad range of opportunities