| || 227947BR |
| || Senior Performance & Projects Specialist |
| || NBS |
| || FRA Operations NBS |
| || Czech Republic |
| || Prague |
| || NOV CZE |
| || Audit & Finance |
| || Full Time |
| || Regular |
| || Senior Performance & Projects Specialist, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
Welcome to the future of medicine.
Be part of a rapidly growing, diverse and high caliber team of passionate people who strive to make a difference. Join the Novartis team in Prague and enjoy our inspiring environment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, a wealth of opportunities for career development and an undeniably friendly culture.
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Senior Performance & Projects Specialist, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic.
The Senior Performance & Projects Specialist is responsible for driving the continuous improvement and performance program within the FRA Ops (Financial Reporting & Accounting) domain. Through high quality project delivery and effective internal communication, the Senior Specialist supports the organization in achieving their performance and continuous improvement targets.
• Drive and support the operational and financial performance processes
• Align and harmonize KPI and performance reviews
• Act as Point of Contact for queries related to Key Performance Indicators, leveraging business warehouse reporting solutions o Support annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes in collaboration with BPA and coordinate monthly reporting of actual results vs. budget, respectively monitor adherence to budget
• Plan CI schedule and organize / support events; ensure active and effective continuous improvement engagement; follow up to ensure timely financial validation and sustainment of improvements
• Collaborate and communicate with global Continuous Improvement agents on best practices, internal and external benchmarking, event coordination and knowledge sharing
• Drive preparation of town halls, workshops, newsletters, infographics and story boards o Support function-specific reward and recognition programs
• Manage Sharepoint and intranet sites
• Actively supports NGSC working style being inclusive, proactive, respectful, and results driven in alignment with Novartis Values and Behaviors Acts service oriented to enable high performance of the process organization and drives improvements/standard solutions while cultivating a customer service focused culture
| || The ideal candidate will have:
• University level degree in Business Administration / Economics / Finance
• Fluent in English both written and spoken Minimum requirements
• 5+ years of experience in financial reporting and accounting, project management and/or performance management
• Multinational company / shared services experience
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague:
The Center, one of 5 around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis worldwide. We have highly qualified teams in areas such as scientific and commercial services (known as Product Lifecycle Services), IT, Human Resources, Financial Reporting & Accounting, Procurement, Real Estate and Facility Services, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Communications.
Here’s some of the reasons we think you should join us:
• A job with a purpose. At Novartis, we all contribute to our mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.
• A wealth of opportunities for career progression and working with best-in-class professionals.
• A diverse team that reflects the rich diversity of our markets. Over 55 nationalities speaking with 30+ languages, all generations, and more than 44% of female.
• Our modern and newly designed workplace is a pleasant place that reflects the need for flexible ways of working in order to bring new ideas to life.
• We live by our values; we cherish not only what we do but also how we do it. .
• Diversity & Inclusion mind-set. We aspire to move beyond stereotypes and bias to bring differences together, so we can see the world through the eyes of our patients and customers.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes:
• Competitive salary;
• Annual performance-based bonus;
• Employee recognition scheme;
• A benefits scheme above local legislation standards including pension and risk-life insurance, benefit package for health, education, culture and sport activities;
• Healthcare program that offers easy access to comprehensive health care;
• Variety of medical check-ups or consultations on-site;
• An Employee Assistance Program;
• 25 days annual leave, 4 days paid sick leave and Christmas holiday;
• Public transport allowance;
• Flexible working arrangements including Home Office;
• Support for a healthy lifestyle through the daily offering of fruit & vegetables.
We are looking forward to talking to you and sharing more about our broad range of opportunities.