| || Novartis Business Services IT (NBS IT) is working to support Novartis to deliver better patient outcomes through innovative use of information and technology. As technology is reshaping the healthcare industry, IT will be a differentiator for our businesses, inspiring new ideas and enabling Novartis to reimagine medicine.
To continue to add even greater value for the business we need to have the right people with the right capabilities in the right location. We need to be customer-oriented and focus on bringing the best services and solutions to the business – both globally and locally – to support our patients.
NBS IT offers this extraordinary work experience with a real opportunity to develop in a highly fast-paced technology-driven environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
Job Title: Service Delivery Expert - Consolidation and Reporting Management Reporting
Job Purpose: -
Act as the primary point of contact for the business - specific business capability -for existing and new services to ensure that agreed services are being delivered to requirements and business user expectations and satisfaction levels are met.
Major Accountabilities: -
- Act as the primary connection between service delivery and the business for a given capability
- Ensure IT services are aligned with business strategy, business objectives, business requirements, standards and regulations
- Understand the processes, plans, objectives, drivers, and issues related to the business capability, as well as the appropriate external policies and regulations.
- Identify and qualify new demand with overall responsibility for steering proposals through the early phases of approval
- Participate in establishment of budgets and investment proposals and obtain sponsorship and funding
- Ensure the introduction of new / modified services happens in a planned, controlled and timely manner to minimize disruption and maximize benefit
- Provide IT consulting to the capability stakeholders, educate them on IT processes and methodologies and drive adoption of global solutions
- Ensure service adherence with quality, compliance and security standards and delivery of associated corrective service actions
- Provide a uniform approach to the way in which customer feedback is handled and resolved
- Ensure technology impact analysis is provided to business
- Facilitates project kick-offs contributing to the success of a project team
- Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Service Delivery scope
| || Minimum Requirements: -
*Degree or relevant equivalent experience
*English and other local language if needed
*6+ years business analyst/consulting, experience and multiple project implementation cycles
*3 years+ expert understanding of business process analysis & design and system architecture; expert knowledge of respective business process area.
*3 years demonstrable program/project management.
*Excellent communication experience at a senior level required.
Novartis provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, cost-saving generic and biosimilar pharmaceuticals and eye care. Novartis has leading positions globally in each of these areas. In 2016, the Group achieved net sales of USD 48.5 billion, while R&D throughout the Group amounted to approximately USD 9.0 billion. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 121,000 full-time-equivalent associates. Novartis products are sold in approximately 155 countries around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.novartis.com