| || Welcome to the future of medicine.
Be part of a rapidly growing, diverse and high caliber team of passionate people who strive to make a difference. Join the Novartis team in Prague and enjoy our inspiring environment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, a wealth of opportunities for career development and an undeniably friendly culture.
Novartis is currently searching for a Financial Reporting & Account. Specialist R2R
The Financial Reporting and Accounting Specialist Record to Report (R2R) provides quality services to Novartis Group entities, securing company assets by applying tight controls in the financial transactions, while providing accurate financial information and timely reporting of balances. This role supports the General Ledger processes within the NGSC, ensuring its quality and effectiveness. This role ensures that systems, documentation, compliance and reporting are in place and actively contributes continuous improvement projects to provide highly effective and efficient end-to-end processes to the Novartis divisions.
• Provides services at expected levels with a clear customer focus and escalates exceptions
• Interacts proactively with all functional areas of the NGSC to ensure appropriate accounting, financial reporting and settlement of revenue matters is accomplished
• Coordinates with local entity, NGSC and outsourced activities to provide a seamless service
• Proactively challenges the Status Quo and comes up with making fact based recommendations
• Supports continuous improvements and process changes towards efficient and effective processes
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for related policies and processes
• Supports the measurement and delivery of service levels and SLA/KPI targets
• Corresponds to internal and external inquiries Manage day-to-day activities for General Ledger Accounting
• Performs the period-end closing and reporting in accordance with laws and Novartis required standards
• Performs the balance sheet account reconciliations of allocated accounts and ensures timely resolution and cleans of overdue items identified
• Ensures proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved
• Proactively reviews accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data
• Assures correct valuation and completeness of all assets and liabilities
• Ensures proper functionality and process linkages from/to other systems
• Reviews and/or records requested company cross-charges and manual journal entries including proper documentation Compliance
• Ensures all processes, policies and procedures are clearly defined, fully documented
• Ensures compliance with Novartis Accounting Manual (NAM), Novartis Financial Controls Manual (NFCM) and regulatory requirements
• Ensures application of agreed Novartis control procedures and actively supports to deliver SOX certification
• Promotes a strong and control environment, follows up on audit issues and implements correcting measures
• Actively supports NGSC working style by being inclusive, proactive, respectful, and results driven in alignment with Novartis values and behaviours
• Acts service oriented to enable service lines to deliver a high-performing organization and contributes to derive to improvements/standard solutions while cultivating customer service focus culture
Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague:
The Center, one of 5 around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis worldwide. We have highly qualified teams in areas such as scientific and commercial services (known as Product Lifecycle Services), IT, Human Resources, Financial Reporting & Accounting, Procurement, Real Estate and Facility Services, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Communications.
Here’s some of the reasons we think you should join us:
• A job with a purpose. At Novartis, we all contribute to our mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.
• A wealth of opportunities for career progression and working with best-in-class professionals.
• A diverse team that reflects the rich diversity of our markets. Over 55 nationalities speaking with 30+ languages, all generations, and more than 44% of female.
• Our modern and newly designed workplace is a pleasant place that reflects the need for flexible ways of working in order to bring new ideas to life.
• We live by our values; we cherish not only what we do but also how we do it. .
• Diversity & Inclusion mind-set. We aspire to move beyond stereotypes and bias to bring differences together, so we can see the world through the eyes of our patients and customers.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes:
• Competitive salary;
• Annual performance-based bonus;
• Employee recognition scheme;
• A benefits scheme above local legislation standards including pension and risk-life insurance, benefit package for health, education, culture and sport activities;
• Healthcare program that offers easy access to comprehensive health care;
• Variety of medical check-ups or consultations on-site;
• An Employee Assistance Program;
• 25 days annual leave, 4 days paid sick leave and Christmas holiday;
• Public transport allowance;
• Flexible working arrangements including Home Office;
• Support for a healthy lifestyle through the daily offering of fruit & vegetables.
We are looking forward to talking to you and sharing more about our broad range of opportunities.