| || Welcome to the future of medicine.
Be part of a rapidly growing, diverse and high caliber team of passionate people who strive to make a difference. Join the Novartis team in Prague and enjoy our inspiring environment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, a wealth of opportunities for career development and an undeniably friendly culture.
Novartis is currently searching for a Fixed Asset Team Lead.
The Team Lead Asset Management supports the Manager AM and MDM, Systems & Management Reporting to lead the investment and asset management activities within the NGSC, enabling the execution of quality services. This role supports having systems, documentation, compliance and reporting in place and supports continuous improvement projects to provide highly effective and efficient end-to-end processes to the Novartis divisions. This role also manages the processes of the Novartis Group entities, ensuring quality and effectiveness of the processes, securing company assets by applying tight controls in the financial transactions, while providing accurate financial information and timely reporting of balances.
• Provides services at expected levels with a clear customer focus and escalates exceptions
• Interacts proactively with all functional areas of the NGSC to ensure appropriate accounting and financial reporting
• Coordinates with local entity, NGSC and outsourced activities to provide a seamless service
• Proactively challenges the Status Quo and comes up with making fact based recommendations
• Supports continuous improvements and process changes towards efficient and effective processes
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for related policies and processes
• Supports the measurement and delivery of service levels and SLA/KPI targets
• Corresponds to internal and external inquiries Manage day-to-day activities for Asset Management
• Leads and actively manages the day to day activities of the investment and asset management team ensuring the effective delivery of the following activities:
Perform the period-end closing and reporting in accordance with laws and Novartis required standards
Perform the balance sheet account reconciliations of allocated accounts and ensure timely resolution and clean of overdue items identified
Ensure proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved
Proactively review accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data
Update and maintains fixed asset master data as required
Ensure proper accounting for capital and expense projects
Resolve fixed asset related issues and disputes, escalate as required or coordinate with various departments to resolve
Work with Division Project Managers/ BPAs for timely completion of capital projects (eCAR)
Coordinate the annual fixed assets physical inventory/ impairment analysis with the Divisions and constantly assess and challenge major projects and investment documents
Ensure accruals for ongoing investment projects are properly calculated and recorded to the general ledger in accordance with IFRS requirements in collaboration with Divisional Finance
Provide monthly reporting of ongoing investments
Manage communication for management, external audit and 3rd parties Perform ad hoc analysis, financial modelling, establish corresponding benchmarks/KPIs
Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague:
The Center, one of 5 around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis worldwide. We have highly qualified teams in areas such as scientific and commercial services (known as Product Lifecycle Services), IT, Human Resources, Financial Reporting & Accounting, Procurement, Real Estate and Facility Services, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Communications.
Here’s some of the reasons we think you should join us:
• A job with a purpose. At Novartis, we all contribute to our mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.
• A wealth of opportunities for career progression and working with best-in-class professionals.
• A diverse team that reflects the rich diversity of our markets. Over 55 nationalities speaking with 30+ languages, all generations, and more than 44% of female.
• Our modern and newly designed workplace is a pleasant place that reflects the need for flexible ways of working in order to bring new ideas to life.
• We live by our values; we cherish not only what we do but also how we do it. .
• Diversity & Inclusion mind-set. We aspire to move beyond stereotypes and bias to bring differences together, so we can see the world through the eyes of our patients and customers.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes:
• Competitive salary;
• Annual performance-based bonus;
• Employee recognition scheme;
• A benefits scheme above local legislation standards including pension and risk-life insurance, benefit package for health, education, culture and sport activities;
• Healthcare program that offers easy access to comprehensive health care;
• Variety of medical check-ups or consultations on-site;
• An Employee Assistance Program;
• 25 days annual leave, 4 days paid sick leave and Christmas holiday;
• Public transport allowance;
• Flexible working arrangements including Home Office;
• Support for a healthy lifestyle through the daily offering of fruit & vegetables.
We are looking forward to talking to you and sharing more about our broad range of opportunities.