| || Senior Counsel Global Commercial Operations, Lead Counsel Anti-Infectives (AI), Sandoz, Holzkirchen (near Munich) Germany.
Would you like to work for a Global Generics and Biosimilars company and contribute to our mission to extend and improve people’s lives?
Look no further, apply today. Senior Counsel Global Commercial Operations, Lead Counsel Anti-Infectives (AI), Holzkirchen (near Munich) Germany.
The purpose of the Senior Counsel Global Commercial Operations, Lead Counsel Anti-Infectives (AI) role is to be responsible for providing legal advice and services related to all activities of Global Commercial Operations (GCO) in general, and the Global Anti-invectives Franchises in particular, as well as of the Global Development function. The role will include, but not be limited to: Advising on contractual & statutory obligations, negotiating complex licensing transactions, development agreements, as well as manufacturing and supply agreements, managing disputes and litigation, and sup-porting management decision processes with robust risk assessments.
• Support the GCO and Development functions on all relevant legal and contractual aspect, in particular by acting as a direct business partner in all activities relating to the Company’s Business Development (BD) and Product Development (PD) activities
• Take the lead in drafting, negotiating and concluding licensing and supply agreements in close collaboration with the relevant business partner
• Give complex and contextual legal advice and guidance with strong operational and business acumen, by setting legal requirements in context with operational needs, in particular with respect to significant transactional and strategic aspects, including regulatory strategies, patent strategies and cross-Divisional alignment
• Provide expert legal advice to the Global PD function at all levels of product development, including outsourcing of development activities and regulatory registration strategies
• Provide expert legal advice and support the Global Portfolio Management and Global Launch Management functions on legal and contractual aspects of activities driven by these functions
• Liaise with external law firms and manage outsourced matters including costs
• Support the Global Anti-Infectives Franchise on all relevant legal and contractual aspects, by acting as a direct business partner and first point of contact in all activities of the Franchise, in particular: provide day-to-day proactive and strategic legal advice for all types of legal issues relating to the business operations of the Franchise, including Business Development and Licensing opportunities, new product launches, clinical, development and supply activities
• Take the legal lead, acting as a direct business partner, in negotiating and drafting complex agreements, such as in-license, out-license and other significant commercial agreements relating to the assigned projects
• In collaboration with the Compliance function, advise and determine appropriate actions regarding compliance aspects relevant to the Franchises, including anti-trust and regulatory
• Proactively train business partners and other functions to enhance the level of knowledge in the Franchises regarding critical legal areas with a potential impact on business operations
• Coordinate with local and regional lawyers relating to legal issues relating to key products within the therapeutic areas
Sandoz, a global leader in the rapidly growing generics industry, is a company in which doctors, pharmacists and patients worldwide have placed their trust for 130 years. It is the global pioneer in Biosimilars investing in research and development to improve the lives of patients and liberating healthcare resources through increased access to high-quality, affordable biologics.
With our 26 000-plus employees in more than 140 countries, we discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives. Our culture is defined by our values: innovation, quality, collaboration, performance, courage, integrity.
Sandoz has been certified as Top Employer Europe 2017 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
Benefits of Working for Sandoz
• Competitive salary
• Performance based annual bonus
• Work/life integration
• Eligible to Sandoz pension plan
• 30 working days' holiday per calendar year
• Subsidized on-site cafeteria
• Free shuttle bus between Sandoz and Holzkirchen train station
• Additional benefits
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
| || The ideal candidate will have
• Law school graduate & Bar member or eligibility
• Fluency in English is essential
• Relevant post Bar experience required: ideally gained within an healthcare / pharmaceutical environment, or alternatively, with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare clients
• Documented success in drafting and negotiating international contracts
• Ability to analyze complex legal issues
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; together with a high ability to influence and negotiate
• Proven ability to deal positively when working within tight time pressures & demanding clients
• Sound experience in handling a high volume of activity involving multiple, often complex pro-jects simultaneously
• Demonstrate professional & culturally sensitive work ethic
We focus on creating an inclusive organisation and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population.