| || Global HRS Compliance Lead, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
Welcome to the future of medicine.
Be part of a rapidly growing, diverse and high caliber team of passionate people who strive to make a difference. Join the Novartis team in Prague and enjoy our inspiring environment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, a wealth of opportunities for career development and an undeniably friendly culture.
The Global HRS Compliance Lead will contribute to our mission by being primarily responsible to provide strategic, high level leadership in developing and implementing an overall compliance strategy for Global HR Service Delivery consisting of HR Services (HRS), Compensation and Benefits (C&B), Talent and Acquisition Services (TAS), in partnership with key stakeholders. The successful candidate will build strong support for the compliance agenda within the leadership team and the business by establishing a structure of compliance checks and coaching on key risks and processes, tools & organizational needs. This person will serve as the subject matter expert in all areas of compliance (HR, payroll, data privacy, etc.), but partner with Global Process Owners through execution.
• Establish compliance as a foundational and cultural pillar with the HR Services organization
• Design and execute risk strategy through identification, prioritization, and mitigation throughout the global, regional, and country teams in partnership with other risk and compliance team members
• Evolve the global control framework to incorporate risk mitigation strategies and audit findings
• Build a global audit readiness strategy as defined by global control framework
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders throughout the Novartis footprint (HR, Business Excellence, Data Privacy, Finance Controls and Compliance, Risk and Compliance Team, Enterprise Resource Management, Internal Audit, etc.)
• Conduct service performance monitoring and reporting as well as drive efficiency: harmonization, standardization, automation
• Provide Global End to End HR process guidance around documentation and control evidence throughout the four regions
• Proactively apply organizational diagnostic expertise to analyze and identify potential compliance improvements, providing change management support and appropriate communications for the implementation of new services and processes
• Support compliance framework for Novartis Global Service Centers (NGSCs) and Local Service Centers (LSCs) to encourage in country teams to adhere to global standards
• Define and refine HR Compliance KPIs for the combined HR Services team and drive actions to ensure achievement
• Ensure adherence to relevant labor and employment law where relevant
• Confirm compliance with legal framework, SOX requirements, etc.
• Ensure adherence to Novartis policies & guidelines
• Ensure effective training and development for the HR Services team around compliance relevant topics
• Indirectly lead all regional compliance leads while guiding global compliance decisions
• Foster knowledgeable and an effective team through coaching
• As a thought leader & influencer, help drive cultural change and foster diversity and inclusion within the team
| || The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree / Graduate degree / Law degree
• Excellent command of English (C1)
• 5-6+ years of compliance management experience (preferably in an HR context Experience with HR and payroll controls)
• Prior experience specifically in the areas of Compliance, Legal Regulations, Payroll or Compensation & Benefits strongly preferred
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague:
The Center, one of 5 around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis worldwide. We have highly qualified teams in areas such as scientific and commercial services (known as Product Lifecycle Services), IT, Human Resources, Financial Reporting & Accounting, Procurement, Real Estate and Facility Services, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Communications.
Here’s some of the reasons we think you should join us:
• A job with a purpose. At Novartis, we all contribute to our mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.
• A wealth of opportunities for career progression and working with best-in-class professionals.
• A diverse team that reflects the rich diversity of our markets. Over 55 nationalities speaking with 30+ languages, all generations, and more than 44% of female.
• Our modern and newly designed workplace is a pleasant place that reflects the need for flexible ways of working in order to bring new ideas to life.
• We live by our values; we cherish not only what we do but also how we do it. .
• Diversity & Inclusion mind-set. We aspire to move beyond stereotypes and bias to bring differences together, so we can see the world through the eyes of our patients and customers.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes:
• Competitive salary;
• Annual performance-based bonus;
• Employee recognition scheme;
• A benefits scheme above local legislation standards including pension and risk-life insurance, benefit package for health, education, culture and sport activities;
• Healthcare program that offers easy access to comprehensive health care;
• Variety of medical check-ups or consultations on-site;
• An Employee Assistance Program;
• 25 days annual leave, 4 days paid sick leave and Christmas holiday;
• Public transport allowance;
• Flexible working arrangements including Home Office;
• Support for a healthy lifestyle through the daily offering of fruit & vegetables.
We are looking forward to talking to you and sharing more about our broad range of opportunities.