| || The Head of Scientific Services & Operations (m/f) will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation and execution of the PLS scientific in-country cross-divisional support platform for all German divisions. This role will be responsible for partnering with medical leadership across divisions to align on the full implementation of the defined scope of services to be provisioned including: Medical Communications (incl. publications and publication planning, scientific events), Medical Information (medical information call centers/RTMI, Med. Info documentation, etc.), Medical Education & Training (product & skill based training for medical affairs teams) and Medical Affairs study support.
She/he will align closely with divisional medical affairs teams to prioritize and align on the required level and volume of services, and then ensure effective delivery by activating in-country and off-shore (NGSC) resources to implement.
Responsibilities include leadership and management oversight of resources providing in-scope services to the German divisions, and working cross-divisionally with PLS leadership to ensure an effective services model. Additionally, they will be responsible for the identification of new service development needs for the divisions. Finally, this leader will also be responsible for enabling strong business partnership and alignment to the services required, and ensuring excellence in service delivery.
The incumbent will be a member of the German PLS Leadership team, and an integral business partner for all Germany based divisional medical affairs teams.
• Own the medical affairs customer relationships on behalf of German PLS, including the overall scientific service plan for the customers
• Partner with divisional medical affairs teams (Med Info, Sci Comms, Education) to understand and represent their needs with respect to scientific objectives, priorities, and support/capability requirements
• Enable excellence in service delivery by strong leadership across PLS business partner teams assigned to divisions (direct reporting to this role), in-country operations teams, divisionally aligned and cross-divisional (direct reporting to this role), and off-shore service centers (NGSC)
• Close relation with PLS Global Scientific Services for implementation of the PLS strategy and achievement of objectives for scientific services
• Provide pro-active thought leadership and credibility in defining the strategy for PLS’ scientific services. Build and maintain a strong customer focus
• Deliver agreed-upon P&L (cost of support to customer balanced with revenue to PLS) and customer satisfaction (NPS) objectives
• Ensure on-going operational excellence and business continuity among divisionally-aligned resources.
• Ensure quality and compliance of services with all relevant internal SOPs/guidelines and external regulatory requirements, in collaboration with practice processes and QA
• Accountability for in-country change management with the customer as the platform is implemented
• Raise and track all customer SLAs for Scientific services
• Ensure delivery of financial targets for German scientific services
• Build and develop talent, and drive a continuous improvement mind-set in the organization