| || Job Summary:
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Indirect Tax Specialist, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic.
Indirect Tax Specialist is part of the NGSC and supports Novartis Group entities on indirect tax related matters. Reporting the GL Team Lead CZ Republic, the Indirect Tax Specialist is responsible for ensuring high quality and timely delivery of the Indirect Tax Finance Core processes with main focus on accounting, reporting, and management of regulatory declarations, compliance activities and audits in line with local legislation and statutory requirements. These services are delivered in a way that effective decision making throughout the company is supported, and compliance with Novartis Standards (i. e. NFCM, NAM) is ensured. She/he will support specific business requirement of the various Novartis businesses, meets agreed service levels and drives productivity improvements on a continuous basis in line with objectives defined by the FRA Ops organization.
• Provides services at expected levels with a clear customer focus, escalating exceptions accordingly
• Interacts proactively with the various business units, functions and process organizations
• Coordinates activities within the local entity and NGSC to provide seemless service
• Supports continuous improvement and process change, reinforcing efficient and effective processes Indirect tax accounting and reporting
• Initiate changes in VAT master data based on local and statutory/legal requirements
• Prepare entity indirect tax calculations
• Prepare necessary tax effect accounting entries and support FRA team on proper recording of tax entries
• Assist in maintenance and improvement of tax calculation model and supporting instruction
• Ensure all tax reporting requirements are performed in a timely and accurate manner
• Manage local and support Global indirect tax compliance processes
• Prepare and review the indirect tax returns for the entities in the Czech Republic and where necessary liaise with external auditors
• Prepare VAT reconciliation
• Actively resolve Indirect Tax related issues and disputes, escalate as required or coordinate with various departments to resolve
• Assist with both external and internal indirect tax audits, reviewing preparedness for tax audits, prepare/review responses, preparation of appropriate documentation on uncertain tax position, transactions, risk, etc.
• Contribute to further development of the Indirect tax control framework
• Initiate and drive improvement projects in line with the Global Indirect Tax strategy
• Assist the Global Indirect Tax Process organization when necessary
About the Novartis Global Service Center in Prague:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions worldwide. Prague is part of a globalized network of five NGSCs, which form a successful network of services minded associates partnering with the Novartis business around the world.
Are you interested in joining an international team delivering solutions for an ever increasing demand in the healthcare industry? You will have the opportunity to join projects with a global scope and meet colleagues from all over the world. English is our working language. We are looking for candidates combining professional expertise and excellent interpersonal skills to interact with our colleagues in different cultures, countries and time zones.
Our mission is to care and cure; We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Strong work/life balance, flexible working hours
Pension/risk life insurance scheme
5 weeks paid holiday
Cafeteria employee benefit program
Public transportation allowance
Plus additional benefits
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’