| || Welcome to the future of medicine.
Be part of a rapidly growing, diverse and high caliber team of passionate people who strive to make a difference. Join the Novartis team in Prague and enjoy our inspiring environment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, a wealth of opportunities for career development and an undeniably friendly culture.
Novartis is currently searching for a Senior Financial Reporting & Accounting Specialist with Czech or Slovak
The FRA Specialist manages the GL Accounting, Reporting/Systems, Fixed Assets, Tax processes and SOX testing within the FSC, enabling the execution of quality services. This role supports having systems, documentation, compliance and reporting in place and supports continuous improvement projects to provide highly effective and efficient end-to-end processes to the Novartis divisions. As Divisional Accounting Lead of Division Sandoz she will provide financial stewardship of company assets and activities by ensuring an accurate assessment of the local entity's financial condition.
• Supports transitions and knowledge transfer, monitoring critical deliverables
• Operational oversight to provide services at expected levels with a clear customer focus, including handling the exceptions. Provides functional guidance to the team members. Interacts proactively within FSC and Divisions to ensure accurate accounting, and financial reporting. Resolve all escalated issues and disputes.
• Maintain good relationship with O&O Services; ensures productivity, continuous improvements and seamless service
• Collaborates with key stakeholders, including accounting authorities/auditors
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for related policies and processes • Act as System Key User Lead and actively initiate and participate in improvements to sustain a highly effective and efficient process, and realize cost reduction opportunities including areas to standardize processes to optimize investments made in global ERP/SAP systems and financial services
• Support the measurement and delivery of service levels and SLA/KPI targets
• Proactively challenge the Status Quo, making fact based recommendations • Manage day-to-day activities (modules to pick):
• GL Accounting o Maintenance of General Ledger master data o Manage/perform manual journal entries
o Manage balance sheet account reconciliations process of all balance sheet accounts and ensure timely resolution and clean of overdue items identified. Ensure proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved, with escalations to Technical Accounting if required
o Actively manage the review of accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data, perform variance analysis and plausibility checks using different sources of information
o Manage period-end closing and reporting in accordance with local laws and Novartis required standards
o Ensure proper functionality and process linkages from/to other systems o Perform the balance sheet account and ensure timely resolution and clean of overdue items identified
o Responsibility for year-end financial statements preparation including notes in compliance with Czech statutory and IFRS/US GAAP standards and supporting documentation for audit purposes
o Manage/perform inventory booking • FRA Business Partnering for Division Sandoz: o Business Partners with Division Sandoz in FRA matters, being the single point of contact for the Finance Leader,
Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague:
The Center, one of 5 around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis worldwide. We have highly qualified teams in areas such as scientific and commercial services (known as Product Lifecycle Services), IT, Human Resources, Financial Reporting & Accounting, Procurement, Real Estate and Facility Services, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Communications.
Here’s some of the reasons we think you should join us:
• A job with a purpose. At Novartis, we all contribute to our mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives.
• A wealth of opportunities for career progression and working with best-in-class professionals.
• A diverse team that reflects the rich diversity of our markets. Over 55 nationalities speaking with 30+ languages, all generations, and more than 44% of female.
• Our modern and newly designed workplace is a pleasant place that reflects the need for flexible ways of working in order to bring new ideas to life.
• We live by our values; we cherish not only what we do but also how we do it. .
• Diversity & Inclusion mind-set. We aspire to move beyond stereotypes and bias to bring differences together, so we can see the world through the eyes of our patients and customers.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes:
• Competitive salary;
• Annual performance-based bonus;
• Employee recognition scheme;
• A benefits scheme above local legislation standards including pension and risk-life insurance, benefit package for health, education, culture and sport activities;
• Healthcare program that offers easy access to comprehensive health care;
• Variety of medical check-ups or consultations on-site;
• An Employee Assistance Program;
• 25 days annual leave, 4 days paid sick leave and Christmas holiday;
• Public transport allowance;
• Flexible working arrangements including Home Office;
• Support for a healthy lifestyle through the daily offering of fruit & vegetables.
We are looking forward to talking to you and sharing more about our broad range of opportunities.