| || Ensures Market Access excellence by striving at the optimal pricing and launch timing in collaboration with the relevant departments and Global Pricing.
Explore and identifies key stakeholders in-market and establishes relationships with key influencers and decision makers to facilitate broader and deeper market access for new Novartis oncology products and to keep market access for existing Novartis products, in coordination with all involved departments across the organisation.
Has a deep understanding of the country political environment and healthcare structure and an expertise especially in the area of market access, and is able to contribute to its regulatory and policy environment and market access process and delivers a government policy in the different key therapeutic area’s where Novartis Pharma is active
• Structure, prepare local (national) pricing & reimbursement files and conduct listing negotiations, in cross-departmental collaboration, applying integrated account models.
• Along with Market Access Head, drive pricing & reimbursement and listing action planning for all top CPO products as well as select in-line brands and prepare all Market Access Operational Plans.
• Develop programs and materials for use by account managers , government relations and field staff that integrate information on product value to support strategies for optimizing revenues, reimbursement, and formulary positioning across managed markets. Present cost savings strategies to health systems and hospitals
• Explore, identify and foster trust-based working relationships with key national, regional and local stakeholders to facilitate bringing new products consistently and efficiently to market for the Novartis Belgium
• Advance company interests and positions (including legislative developments) in pharma industry’s local trade association
• Provide internal consultancy to the Novartis Pharma organization on legislative and political matters, as well as on influencing strategies
• Support disease advocacy activities with KOLs, patient organizations and health authorities in cross departmental cooperation
• Participate in European lobbying activities as required
| || University degree in Science (preferably MD or Pharmacist) with basis of Health Economics, law and/or business.
At least 8 years experience in the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry in the area of market access; price and reimbursement, policy and/or communication experience ideal
Experience in Oncology is desired
Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate medical, scientific, legal and economic topics
Excellent understanding of and experience in pharmaceutical product pricing & reimbursement and listing processes, including processes for clinical guidelines, health economics and formularies
Ability to develop and keep trust-based relationships market access key influencers
Ability to analyze and manage high amounts of information in order to contribute to market access files and develop Market Access Operational Plans
Excellent negotiation and influencing skills