| || Medical Manager, Sandoz, Finland
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today for Job Title.
The Medical Manager serves to advance science and standards of care for patients, healthcare providers and payers, and ensure they can access all the practical and clinically relevant information and solutions they need to use Sandoz’s products efficiently and safely. The Medical Manager is a key member of the medical department and appreciated collaboration partner for marketing and sales teams. The Medical Manager is responsible for developing and implementing customer facing medical strategies and has a primary liaison role to the medical and scientific community. The Medical Manager is responsible for engaging Customers, including HCPs, in non-promotional medical and scientific discussions regarding all on-market and in-development Sandoz products, including those that have been in-licensed, or on topics relating to disease states. The role of the medical manager is to interact significantly with external customers, and also to sense needs and requirements from the medical community and to translate into activities within the Sandoz organisation to promote scientific partnerships.
- Communicate and inform on complex scientific and medical information on disease areas in which Sandoz is involved, and on our products; to support the safe, effective and appropriate use of Sandoz medicines. MA Managers develop professional and credible medical/scientific relationships with customers (Healthcare Professionals, Payers, and the like) and external experts of strategic importance to Sandoz.
- Serve as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for external experts in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant Sandoz medicines, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use.
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested - with the focus on key external experts.
- Participate in or lead the selection process to identify appropriately qualified experts the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as potential research collaborations, or educational and advisory roles; while ensuring a high level of scientific or educational integrity in these collaborative efforts.
- Support internal teams such as sales and marketing and members of the Country organization marketing teams to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presentations. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other Sandoz functions.
- Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for Sandoz in key academic centers by facilitation of research and educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest to Sandoz
- Act as the point of contact with external experts to facilitate investigator initiated study (IIS) ideas and requests for support to the local, regional and global medical teams as appropriate.
Sandoz, a Novartis Division, is a global leader in generic pharmaceuticals and biosimilars. Sandoz's purpose it to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives and pioneer novel approaches to help people around the world access high-quality healthcare. Sandoz supplies a broad range of affordable, primarily off-patent products to patients and customers around the globe. The Sandoz portfolio comprises approximately 1,100 molecules, which accounted for 2015 sales of USD 9.2 billion.
In Sandoz Nordic you will find a dynamic and performance oriented culture with around 160 passionate people supporting the Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and Icelandic Markets.
Our Head office is located in Copenhagen and together with Novartis Healthcare and Alcon, and we also have offices in Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo.
Culture and Values
Sandoz has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Sandoz strategy in line with our mission and vision.
Our values and behaviors are:
Innovation - by experimenting and delivering solutions
Quality - by taking pride in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well
Collaboration - by championing high performing teams with diversity and inclusion
Performance - by prioritizing and making things happen with urgency
Courage - by speaking up, giving and receiving feedback
Integrity - by advocating and applying high ethical standards every day
Benefits of Working for Sandoz:
• A Competitive Salary package with fixed salary, bonus, pension and health insurance
• “Be Healthy” initiatives to promote associate health and prevent future health issues
• Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
• A high paced, dynamic and performance-oriented environment with competent and committed colleagues.
• At Sandoz, we encourage personal and professional development and the opportunity to make a career internally at Sandoz, Alcon or Novartis Healthcare
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
| || The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD., MD, PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline or an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Fluent in Finnish, both written and spoken, Fluent in English, both written and spoken, Fluent in Swedish regarded as additional merit.
- Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for the assigned therapeutic area, and in medical research in general Work experience from collaborations with marketing and sales organisations
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in a clinical or pharmaceutical environment -
Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role and way of working of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
-Knowledge in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
- Ability to comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with external experts, physicians and other healthcare decision makers.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-functional project work contributing with expert knowledge
Sandoz is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
We kindly ask you to apply with an English version of your CV and if shortlisted you can expect a call from an international number.