Application Deadline: 29th May 2017
|Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company with a market share of 17%. SBL is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Ltd (EABL) – which is in turn partly owned by one of the world’s biggest alcoholic beverage companies, Diageo. The company is an integrated demand/supply business with 3 operational breweries in Dar and Mwanza, and a third one in Moshi, which is situated in the northern part of the country near the Kenyan border. SBL’s flagship brand is Premium Serengeti lager, which accounts for 85% of SBL sales volumes. The other beer brands are Tusker, Tusker Malt and Pilsner. |
SBL’s 2 fully operational breweries in Dar es Salaam and Mwanza have a combined capacity of 1 m Hls. The 3rd brewery with a capacity of 0.5m Hls is in Moshi.
|The job holder can authorize staff leave up to two days and make necessary arrangements.|
Purpose of Role:
|To accomplish project work, planned, preventive and general maintenance services within the factory premises economically and timely through effective and up to date engineering practices; for quality glassware manufacture and continuous operations.|
- Timely and economical availability of engineering services.
- Identifying non- stock items required and raising of preliminary purchasing requisitions.
- Issue permits to work both general and hot work and assess the quality of contracted works.
- Ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to by all.
- Confirming correct items received in both quantity and quality
- Carry out preventive maintenance to all plant equipment.
- Carry out major overhauls to printing machines, batch and furnace equipment and water and oil pumps.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A diploma in mechanical engineering or FTC part II
- Three years experience in engineering maintenance department in a busy continuous processing plant.