| || Technical Staff - Systems |
| || Halifax, NS |
| || Regular, Full Time |
| || Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. |
| || Provide engineering support to a team of systems engineers and technologists and perform systems engineering work primarily for cyber security related to the Combat Management System (CMS), its subsystems and associated trainers including:
• Reviewing, creating and maintaining technical documentation to ensure cyber security requirements are met and design/implementation details are documented.
• Providing analytical and technical cyber security recommendations to other team members, oversight boards and customers. Identifying requirements based upon need or as the result of a cyber security issue that puts the organization’s systems at risk.
• Meeting with customer and management to help specify application cyber security requirements; reviewing current policies and procedures for applicability and system Operating System (OS) security patch levels; and ensuring safe transition of applications to production.
• Developing technology to automate cyber security monitoring.
• Developing, debugging, testing and supporting the target systems security certification process.
• Evaluating and recommending responses to Unsatisfactory Condition Reports as related to cyber security impact.
• Assisting in the production of Statements of Requirement and Statements of Work procurement of new material and systems from the system cyber security aspect.
• Evaluating and recommending secure remote configurations.
• Developing documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance and specific problem resolution.
• Providing risk analysis for vulnerabilities, incidents and change requests.
• Reviewing, editing and verifying technical publications for in-service equipment and systems.
| || • Three to five years experience and a degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Knowledge of network and OS system cyber security is an asset
• Aptitude for providing technical guidance and solving challenging problems
• Works well individually or in a team environment
• Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Experience with CMS 330 systems and their subsystems is an asset.
| || 2153BR |