| || Corporate Sustainability Engineer |
| || 7912BR |
| || Yes |
| || Americas |
| || Other |
| || Responsibilities:|
- Acts as sustainability business partner to provide global, regional leadership.
- Develop, implement corporate sustainability programs and processes.
- Track KPIs, analyze trends, data to find high business value opportunities.
- Grow sustainability culture, build sustainability DNA to meet strategic expectations, catalyze positive change.
- Enhance brand, reputation through external engagement, collaborations, strategic advocacy.
- Focal person internal and external, driving SABIC’s sustainability strategy, communication flow internally and externally.
- Provide expertise, guidance, protocols for multiple topics.
- Support SBUs/functions to deliver on goals such as operational footprint, sustainability product portfolio, and megaprojects assessment to deliver on corporate 2025 strategy.
- Benchmark competition, implement new priorities/processes/projects/methods that advance the company’s commitment to sustainability, and leverage this work into a competitive advantage.
- Provide technical knowledge, expertise on sustainability topics and translate to develop successful corporate/regional programs and processes. These may include environmental and health regulations and programs, process operations efficiency improvement, sustainable product technologies and development and life cycle thinking
- Facilitate SBUs sustainability progress through development and implementation of sustainability-focused projects, tools, programs and processes in collaboration with cross-functional teams to maximize progress toward KPIs (e.g. energy, GHG, water, material loss; sustainability portfolio/product development)
- Support SBUs to set and meet their STI/KPI targets and milestones for sustainability. Help develop metrics, KPIs and long-term goals, monetizing opportunities, and mitigate associated sustainability related risks, in order to create business value and drive internal change
- Proactively identify new business opportunities and growth areas based on sustainability opportunities within areas of expertise/responsibility.
- Engage with key customers to strengthen commercial relationships. Develop accurate and impactful customer-facing sustainability marketing messages and stories. Increase support in SBU/functions to embrace sustainability into decision-making
- Develop and execute regional sustainability advocacy plan at global and regional forums, standard-setting organizations, business and trade associations, universities, NGOs, and key value chain partners. Provide intelligence to CSD and deliver progress on specific advocacy topics. Support key customer events, trade shows and regional CSR programs
- Contribute to annual sustainability report, providing high quality, crisp and clear content; develop and execute on a report communication plan for internal and external engagement.
- Support global and regional execution of the materiality assessment with all SBUs and functions plus key external stakeholders.
- Support development of SABIC’s sustainability-focused initiatives, product portfolio pipeline, programs and processes in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Develop, coach, motivate and mentor interns, co-ops and more junior members of the program’s team as well as other corporate employees interested in sustainability
| || Requirements:|
- Sustainability-, Chemical, Civil-, Environmental- engineering degree or similar technical discipline.
- Cross-functional and global experience plus sustainability depth and breadth strongly desired.
- Professional sustainability, technical certifications or equivalent experience are desirable.
- Relevant sustainability related experience in Manufacturing, Business teams, T&I, and/or EHSS, , with work experience in the range of 3+ years for PhDs, or 5+ years for M.S. degrees and 7+ years for B.S. degrees. Global experience desired.
- Experience with sustainability reporting, external standards, building corproate programs, and external representation.
- Business acumen, broad and diverse understanding of and experience with SABICs core processes and strategies.
- Track record of program management leadership in technology, manufacturing and/or environmental
- Proven ability to achieve goals through influence; excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills; strong project management, facilitation, consensus-building skills; solid understanding of sustainability topics; ability to work in global, matrixed environment; ability to operate multiple concurrent projects; Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
| || United States of America |
| || Houston |
| || Texas (TX) |
| || PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, SABIC will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information or other category protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.