| || Altria Client Services |
| || Quality Compliance Auditor |
| || Regulatory Affairs |
| || Quality Assurance/ Control |
| || Richmond |
| || Virginia |
| || 17117BR |
| || Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.|
Altria Client Services’ role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high-quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Quality Compliance Auditor to join our Audit & Requirements department in Richmond, VA. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting quality audits of internal, supplier, and/or clinical related operations to evaluate the level of conformance to company standards and/or regulations. In addition to direct auditing related activities, the incumbent will be required to support FDA inspection activities and develop compliance assessments and trend analysis of emerging risk areas and formulating escalation communications to management. The incumbent will be expected to apply a broad based knowledge of quality operations and FDA related regulatory compliance in order to assist in the development, execution and assessment of proposed corrective action plans and remediation projects to ensure that quality gaps are closed in a timely and acceptable manner.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Planning, conducting and reporting the results of internal, supplier, and/or clinical related quality audits to departmental and operational management.
- Planning and coordinating audit and project activities using multi-discipline / multi-functional teams.
- Identifying and escalating internal and external situations which may pose quality/compliance risks that may adversely affect business operations.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and continuous monitoring of objectives, procedures, tracking and trending mechanisms to ensure that management is consistently informed on the status and effectiveness of compliance activities.
- Participating in the development of Altria-wide audit resources through training and/or mentoring to increase the overall organizational capability.
- Conducting analyses, consulting and assessments of various operations and processes by applying their knowledge and judgment in areas where they may have little to no previous work experience.
- Evaluating situations to determine the potential impact.
- Leading or participating in corrective actions and programs designated to enhance the quality and compliance posture of the organization.
- Providing guidance and recommendations to management on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) implementation and issues resolution.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information obtained during audits.
| || Qualifications include:|
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Physical Science, Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in quality systems auditing and operations.
- Direct FDA experience or quality/compliance experience in an FDA regulated industry (pharmaceuticals, medical devices and dietary supplements).
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills along with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to tactfully, independently and persuasively provide critical and sensitive feedback to the most senior levels of management.
- Proficiency in conflict negotiation and resolution is preferred.
- The ability to perform assignments in an independent and autonomous manner with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to utilize various computer software to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Audit and/or quality certification in ISO, ASQ CQE or CQM is desirable or ability to obtain an ASQC Quality Auditor certification within one year of obtaining this position.
- Comfortable working during non-core hours as required to assess multiple shifts and operations spanning lengthy periods.
- Ability to travel up to 50% throughout the year (domestic and international).
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
| || Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. |