| || Altria Client Services |
| || Associate Manager Quality Compliance |
| || Regulatory Affairs |
| || Quality Assurance/ Control |
| || Richmond |
| || Virginia |
| || 17065BR |
| || Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.|
Altria Client Services’ role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high-quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Quality Compliance Associate Manager to join our Audit & Requirements department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and enhancing quality requirements and standards through independent research and interpretation of other FDA regulated industries and standards. This position will work with multiple business partners to conduct quality system gap assessments to evaluate the ability of their quality systems to conform to established requirements and then assist in the development and tracking of gap remediation plans. In addition to the quality requirements related activities, the incumbent will be required to assist in developing quality infrastructure for areas including clinical operations and e-vapor products. Further areas of participation will include conducting quality management system audits and developing communications for emerging quality risk areas.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Independently planning and conducting research on good manufacturing, good laboratory, and good clinical practices pertinent to FDA regulated industries to support the development of Altria’s Quality Requirement Manual (AQRM), Quality Management System (QMS) and general quality practices.
- Providing guidance and recommendations to management on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) implementation.
- Planning and coordinating gap assessments of existing processes and systems against approved AQRM standards using multi-discipline / multi-functional teams.
- Providing regulatory expertise in development of quality requirements for e-vapor product devices and components.
- Identifying and escalating internal and external situations which may pose quality/compliance risks that may adversely affect business operations.
- Assisting in developing quality management infrastructure for clinical operations.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and continuous monitoring of objectives, procedures, tracking and trending mechanisms to ensure that management is consistently informed on the status and effectiveness of compliance activities.
- Participating in the development of Altria-wide quality roll-out and training of new AQRM content through training and/or mentoring to increase the overall organizational capability.
- Leading or participating in programs designated to enhance the quality and compliance of the organization.
- Planning, conducting and reporting the results of internal, supplier, and/or clinical related quality audits to departmental and operational management.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information obtained during audits.
| || Qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Physical Science, Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in FDA regulated quality systems and operations (pharmaceuticals, medical devices and dietary supplements).
- Detailed-oriented. Must have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills along with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to tactfully, independently and persuasively provide critical and sensitive feedback to the most senior levels of management.
- Proficiency in conflict negotiation and resolution is preferred.
- The ability to perform assignments in an independent and autonomous manner with minimal direct supervision.
- Proficiency with various computer software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Certification in ISO, ASQ CQE or CQM is desirable or ability to obtain an ASQC certification within one year of obtaining this position.
- Comfortable working during non-core hours as required to assess multiple shifts and operations spanning lengthy periods.
- Ability to travel up to 30% throughout the year (domestic and international).
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement. In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
| || Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. |