Are you ready to work on world changing technologies?
The technology industry is at the cusp of a once in a generation transition; one that will fundamentally change the way businesses operate and innovate in our increasingly mobile, cloud-based and connected world.
At Pivotal we see and create what’s possible.
Drawing on our heritage in Big Data, open source, and application development, Pivotal is building a new class of applications - leveraging big and fast data - and doing all of this with the power and flexibility of cloud independence.
If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal.
A new company with backing from EMC, VMware and GE, Pivotal unites strategic technologies, people, and programs to meet the demands of this next technology wave. We offer competitive benefits and compensation (including equity in a high growth market), and many extras that create a rewarding work experience.
At Pivotal, our mission is to enable customers to build a new class of applications, leveraging big and fast data, and do all of this with the power of cloud-independence. Uniting technology, people and programs from EMC and VMware, the following leading products and services are now part of Pivotal: Greenplum, Cloud Foundry, Spring, GemFire/SQLFire and other products from the VMware vFabric Suite, Cetas and Pivotal Labs.
The Field Engineer will be responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical and business expertise with regards to the Pivotal products as well as have the capabilities to install, connect, and use these products. The individual will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products and enhancements.
Technical Pre-Sales Support and Product Management collaboration including:
· Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management/contributors
· Drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
· Provide expert technical pre-sales support for opportunities involving Pivotal products
· Conduct pre-sales POCs involving applications and solutions. This will involve installing Pivotal products and many times, integrating other products with that install to showcase the technology
· Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of messaging applications industry directions and trends
· Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and how to technically sell against them
· Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organizations for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
· Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
· Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware, EMC, and Partner field organizations
· Evangelize the value of Pivotal products in architectures and deployments.
Compensation: At Pivotal, your On-Target Earnings are real, not virtual. We offer a competitive base salary plus a quarterly commission which is tied directly to your team’s quota attainment. Of course, given our growth, many of our teams surpass quota and enjoy the benefits of a plan that includes commission accelerators.Other Benefits: The flexibility of being “home-office” based; all new, top of the line hardware and equipment; quick and comprehensive expense reporting and reimbursement; company sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage; stock options; 401K; profit sharing; employee stock purchase program (ESPP); and 2 weeks of PTO plus holidays for all new employees.