| || Sr Coding & Reimburs Spec |
| || 11729BR |
| || Lubbock |
| || Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr |
| || HSC - Lubbock |
| || Ophthalmology Dept Lbk Genl |
| || Reviews official medical records with physician/healthcare provider documentation and assigns appropriate codes for all physician/healthcare provider services from current editions of official coding sources. Ensures accurate, complete, and timely code assignments for all physician/healthcare providers. |
| || |
- Knowledge of the CPT, ICD-CM, and HCPCS nomenclature, coding rules and guidelines.
- Knowledge of inpatient and outpatient medical records processing and federal and state reimbursement regulations.
| || |
- Other duties and report requests as assigned by supervisors.
| || |Education:
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of three (3) years of coding and reimbursement experience that includes procedural and diagnosis coding.
Current certification through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) in the following areas:
- Certified Coding Specialist-Physician based (CCS-P)
- Certified Coding Specialists (CCS)
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy (CHP)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Coding Associate
OR current certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) in of the following areas:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPH-H).
| || |
Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or desire to become certified.
Previous coding and reimbursement experience that includes procedural and diagnosis coding.
Ophthalmic Coding Specialist (OCS)
| || As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. |
| || No |
| || Other Documents Supporting Qualifications |
| || Full Time |
| || Hourly |
| || 16.89 |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || None |
| || Day |
| || M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm |
| || No |
| || Clerical/Secretarial |
| || 09/14/2018|