| || Tradesman Plumber - Bldg Maint and Op Lbk |
| || 11698BR |
| || Lubbock |
| || Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr |
| || HSC - Lubbock |
| || Bldg Maint and Op Lbk |
| || Safely performs journeyman level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. |
| || |
- Installs, maintains and repairs sinks, fume hoods, eye washes, disposal units, gas, air, water and sewer systems.
- Replaces and repairs valves; cuts, threads, joints, pipes and fittings.
- Unstops sewers, lavatories, sinks, commodes, and urinals.
- Maintains records of materials and labor expended on each job.
- Uses sewer roto-rooter, threading machines, drill presses, hand and power tools.
- Checks DI water closets to ensure proper deionizing and to check for leaks.
- Checks and fills soda ash tanks to drain into neutralizing traps.
- Maintains, repairs, and replaces components of existing steam systems, and checks hardness of condensate.
- Maintains, repairs and replaces DI house, hot water and circulating pumps.
- Operates state vehicle to pick up parts or drive to job site, thus must pass the Motor Vehicle Records check and be an approved driver as determined by TTU Risk Management and insurance carrier.
| || |
- Performs other related job duties as deemed necessary and assigned by supervisors.
- Performs on-call duty, as required and responds to building emergencies.
- Unlicensed plumber will be actively enrolled in TSBPE Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners Apprentice Program and inform foreman of any change in status.
| || |
- High school diploma or the equivalent. Three years of experience in designated trade or licensed journeyman.
- Must have valid Driver's License and must be willing to undergo Motor Vehicles Record check (MVR).
| || |
- Prefer licensed journeyman plumber.
- Vocational training as a plumber.
- Two years experience as a licensed journeyman plumber or five years of job-related experience.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from rough sketches, blue prints and drawings.
- Ability to locate and identify troubles in plumbing lines or equipment and to plan and implement repairs.
- Skills in the use and purpose of hand tools and power tools of the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of the practices and hazards of steam and steam equipment.
| || As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. |
| || No |
| ||Professional/Personal Reference |
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
| || Full Time |
| || Hourly |
| || 12.27 |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || Up to 25% |
| || Day |
| || Monday through Friday 8 to 5 & On-Call for Building Emergencies |
| || No |
| || Skilled Craft |
| || 09/13/2018|