| || Correctional Business Asst- H98192 |
| || 11242BR |
| || Amarillo |
| || Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr |
| || HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care |
| || Amarillo Clements Unit |
| || Performs responsible and complex duties associated with a specialized function of a section of clerical employees in a correctional institution |
| || |
- Ensure all provider and nursing orders are carried out appropriately, reminders are completed and new reminders are entered in the system. Complete provider and nurse orders from clinic appointments daily and note.
- Ensure patients are checked in and checked out in a timely manner each day.
- Ensure clinic notes are in the system daily.
- Enter and complete reminders into EMR in response to Sick Calls received, nursing, and provider visits.
- Answer telephone, directs calls, takes and/or relays messages. Answers routine questions.
- Act as backup for other Correctional Business Assistants as requested.
- Ensure all CCC patients are evaluated within policy time-frames. Create, monitor, and track all DOI reminders.
- Ensure all components of CCC and Sick Call appointments are addressed by provider and nursing staff.
- Ensure all labs are ordered two months prior to to CCC appointments.
- Acquire extensive knowledge of CMHC Policies and Procedures to ensure that the clinic remains in compliance with laws outlined by Texas Legislature
Maintain daily scheduling ensuring compliance with ATC policy.
Manages inmate passes and instructs inmates about appointment process.
| || Other duties as requested. |
| || Education: A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience: Three years progressively responsible clerical experience. Additional education and/or related experience to equal three years may substitute on a year for year basis. |
| || |
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
Ability to work closely with and assist other staff members.
Ability to understand often poorly phrased questions and suggest solutions.
Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work under tight deadlines in often stressful situations.
Ability to solve minor issues and know to get clarification from supervisor.
Ability to use independent judgment with limited supervision.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to function in a team environment.
Willingness to work in a supporting role
| || As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. |
| ||Professional/Personal References |
Resume / CV
| ||Recommendation/Referral |
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
| || Full Time |
| || Hourly |
| || 10.65 (Negotiable) |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || None |
| || Day |
| || Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm |
| || No |
| || Clerical/Secretarial |
| || 08/09/2018|