| || Corr Psychiatrist - H94194 |
| || 10316BR |
| || Lubbock |
| || Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr |
| || HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care |
| || Psych Montford Unit |
| || Diagnoses and treats patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. Provides professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of inmate/patients. Insures that appropriate mental health care is accessible and provided to the inmate population in a timely fashion, regardless of segregation status. Renders judgment regarding care provided to inmates assigned to the unit according to TTUHSC Correctional Health Services Policies and Procedures, TDCJ Policies and Procedures, and National Commission on Correctional Health Care Standards. Works under general direction of the Unit Medical Director, with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgment. |
| || |
- Assistant to the Regional Mental Health Director.
- Examines offender/patients to determine general mental health and prescribes treatment in conjunction with treatment teams' input and administers medication as needed.
- Inspects, completes, and analyzes records, assigns, reviews and updates classification, completes admission notes, progress notes, and discharge summaries and makes rounds on patients admitted.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Conducts Telepsychiatry clinics as needed.
- Takes regional and inhouse call on rotation basis.
- Assists the regional physician for psychiatry with risk management tasks as assigned.
- Mid Level Provider Clinical Consultation - available to provide clinical guidance on diagnostic, treatment or other clinical questions that may arise.
- Involuntary Inpatient Psychiatric Admission Evaluations as needed.
- Civil commitment assessments and coordination as needed.
- Clinical capacity assessments as needed.
- Clinical oversight and participation in compelled medication process and assessments.
- Clinical oversight of clinical activities in accordance with unit treatment program clinical guidelines.
- Clinical consultation over items impacting daily clinical operations as needed.
- Mid-level TMB supervision assignment (primary or secondary as directed by Regional Mental Health Medical Director).
- Serve as back-up contact in the absence of the Regional Mental Medical Director.
- Coordinate onsite clinical education for Psychiatric staff, clerkship for residents and medical students in absence of the Unit Medical Director.
| || As Assigned. |
| || +Education/Experience:+ Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.) or equivalent plus 3 years related experience/training or equivalent combination of education and experience.+License/Certifications:+ * State Medical license * Drug Enforcement Agency * Texas Department of Public Safety controlled substances registration certificates |
| || 2-4 years experience preferred in a clinical setting.|
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Approved Residency training in Psychiatry, Board Eligible/Board Certified in Psychiatry.
| || As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. |
| ||Professional License or Certification |
Resume / CV
| || Full Time |
| || Monthly |
| || Negotiable Based on Experience |
| || Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage. |
| || None |
| || Other |
| || No |
| || Professionals |
| || 04/11/2018|