| || 4632BR |
| || SRNL Assoc Lab Dir, Strategic and Scientific Computing, CIO |
| || $160,152 - $230,116 |
| || Salary offers are commensurate with candidate's experience and applicable education in comparison to incumbents. |
| || Savannah River National Laboratory (SRNL) is a multi-program laboratory applying state of the art science and practical, high-value, cost-effective solutions to complex technical problems to protect the nation. Located at the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Savannah River Site (SRS), the laboratory develops and deploys innovative technologies to address some of the nation’s environmental, energy, and national security challenges.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
• Lead, manage and direct SRNL’s overall computing strategy by determining strategic direction of new information technology services and solutions for SRNL that facilitate advancement of SRNL mission and strategic initiatives.
• Develop and promote new collaboration and computing/modeling tools that are essential to emergent programs and the growth of the business.
• Lead a strong forward-looking cybersecurity program for internal and external sponsors.
• Develop new capabilities, competencies and skills that support business growth.
• Team with other SRNL management in the creation of strategic partnerships and new missions.
• Assist in leading strategic business development efforts and initiatives to grow the business with internal and external customers to establish relationships with universities, other national labs, and industry.
• Serve as the SRNL representative on the National Laboratory CIO (NLCIO) Council. Interface with national laboratory CIO’s on a routine basis to discuss complex-wide computing issues and directives.
• Oversee and direct a staff of professionals in areas that include scientific modeling and simulation, cyber security, scientific computing, classified and high performance computing, technical and application support, and the SRNL library.
• Responsible for management computing system administration, engineering, scientific, and SRNL business application support, data management, and storage as well as support of SRNL scope for other web and database applications.
• Manage the operating and project-specific budgets and schedules.
• Manage the staffing, work assignments and technology direction.
• Provide leadership to continually improve safety, disciplined operations, security, and quality performance.
• Implement personnel, salary and administrative policies and directives in a consistent and fair manner.
• Implement and manage DOE policies and regulations for information technology systems.
• Ensure development of employees including professional growth, leadership skill and active management of diversity. Lead, mentor, communicate and develop employees for enhanced performance and teamwork.
Primary spokesperson and point of contact with customers and key stakeholders at national and international levels for a major programmatic business area. The position has line management, business development, and senior level customer interface responsibilities and leads the R&D activities within the organization. Interfaces nationally and internationally, especially on programmatic issues and growth of the business sector. Provides directions to solve complex national, regional, and DOE Complex issues. Represents SRNL on national and regional committees as appropriate for addressing programmatic issues.
- Lead the customer program offices for a major SRNL programmatic business area. This includes technology direction, budgets, schedules and manpower.
- Lead business development efforts and develop business plans to maintain current customer base and to acquire new customers in the National Security Sector. Perform business forecasting and ensure long-term funding and viability of the programmatic business area.
- Seek partnerships with other laboratories, universities and industry to enhance the business portfolio.
- Develop and implement the appropriate sections of the SRNL Strategic, Implementation, and Action Plans.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by listening, being responsive and delivering quality results on or ahead of schedule and budget
- Provide leadership to continually improve safety, disciplined operations, security, and quality performance.
- Conduct all activities with sound stewardship of employee and public health and safety and of the environment.
- Manage costs and manpower to lower the rates and maximize personnel utilization.
- Ensure adequate staffing and appropriate technical skills through hiring, transfers, training, etc. to support the customer base.
- Implement personnel, salary and administrative policies and directives in a consistent and fair manner.
- Provide leadership for the SRNL Core Values, safety, security, and Human Performance Initiatives.
- Ensure development of employees including professional growth, leadership skills, and active management of diversity.
| || Ph.D. degree in applicable science or engineering discipline and 12 years experience, including 10 years of management experience and 5 years in research and development environment; MS or ME in applicable science or engineering discipline and 17 years experience, including 12 in management, 7 years in research and development environment; or BS in applicable science or engineering discipline and 20 years experience, including 15 in management and 9 years in research and development environment. |
| || L |
| || Deliver Results |
| || Understand job responsibilities and be accountable for results.
Meet goals and strive for customer satisfaction and corporate success.
Make sound workplace and business decisions.
Keep commitments and promises.
Plan work in a responsible manner, balancing company goals vs. schedule, budget, safety and resources.
Elevate issues early to avoid surprises.
| || Build Relationships |
| || Build and maintain good working relationships with everyone.
Maintain a customer-focused attitude and strive to satisfy the customer.
Communicate in a clear, respectful manner with everyone. Publicly recognize others for a job well done.
Provide open and timely feedback regarding meeting and delivering commitments.
| || Shape the Future |
| || Adapt and perform consistently under changing requirements and dynamic work situations.
Take initiative to offer or try a new approach to make the team and the company more successful.
Foster business success by offering and supporting different perspectives.
Continuously improve in job performance.
Take on stretch or rotational assignments to support company initiatives and achieve self development.
| || Model Excellence |
| || Behave in a professional manner demonstrating integrity, ethics, and a high standard of values.
Deliver your work with pride and ownership.
Respect others’ knowledge, skills, and experiences.
Seek to appropriately identify and resolve challenges.
Work to make the organization, company, and mission more successful.
Apply Continuous Improvement processes to work scopes to improve efficiency and reduce unnecessary costs.
Strive to exceed expectations in task completion.
Embrace the company’s culture of service, excellence, and stewardship.
Take personal responsibility to care for equipment and resources.
Adhere to conduct of operations principles.
| || Energize & Recognize Team |
| || Work with team members to ensure team, department, and divisional goals are met.|
Communicate in a clear, respectful manner with team and management.
Collaborate and share with other team members to promote knowledge transfer.
Mentor, guide, and provide assistance to newer employees.
Promote teamwork and support other members of the organization.
Ask for help and support when needed.
Recognize colleagues for their achievements.
| || 05-Sep-2019|