TD is a great organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day. Our over 85,000 employees world-wide are a big part of what makes TD stand out from any other organization. Every day, we deliver legendary customer and client experiences to our approximately 22 million customers. We’re an award-winning organization that reinvests constantly to ensure future growth.
We’re recognized as an extraordinary place to work that embraces diversity, where everyone is respected and valued. TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches, with many exciting and challenging career opportunities in our four key businesses: :
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada’s largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the ‘accidents of life’ with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.
Reporting to the AVP, Claims Services, this position is responsible for contributing to sustained revenue growth and profitability objectives of the business, providing leadership on all Residential core aspects within Claims Services – Ontario Region.
Accountable for the fiscal management and performance of indemnity spend in the region, including claims settlement policies, regulatory compliance, coverage interpretation, case reserving policies and the supervision of major claims. Emphasis is placed on delivering an optimal claimant experience balanced with the need to protect shareholder value.
Provide leadership for the unit working closely with the regional and national claims management team. Emphasis is placed on creating a team environment that supports individual learning and development while creating and maintaining a positive and motivating work environment.
· Recommend claims settlement policies and authorities for department and ensure appropriate oversight
· Establish policies and procedures governing the establishment and management of Residential case reserves
· Proactively monitor legislative and jurisprudence changes and competitor policies and practices
· Contribute to business planning and strategic direction initiatives
· Model consistency in behaviour and actions in line with company core values and exercise sound judgment in non-routine and complex situations
· Empower and support direct reports to make decisions
· Recommend criteria triggering the reporting of major claims and supervise specialist(s) designated to review and manage major claims
· Ensure timely interpretation of existing and new legislative requirements and jurisprudence, communicate changes within department and to appropriate stakeholders
· Partner with the Residential Supply Chain Leader to ensure sound business relationship for line of business with legal services suppliers, meet regularly to optimize knowledge transfer, conduct bi-annual qualitative reviews of legal files
· Ensure accuracy and operability of the estimating tool
· Foster a culture that promotes ethical practices and a high degree of integrity
· Accountability for the adequacy of case reserves
· Responsibility for identifying and preventing indemnity leakage
· Work closely with the actuarial department to examine trends and predictors that may have a financial impact on case reserves
· Provide financial controls for all external (allocated) expenditures within span of control
· Participate in committees overseeing case reserving and settlement of major claims, trials and appeals
· Lead, inspire and motivate team to accomplish goals and objectives
· Manages and evaluates direct reports’ contributions, setting context and direction, defining accountabilities and establishing boundaries for decision-making and approvals
· Oversee employee performance programs, leading/championing the development of measurable individual learning and development strategies to accelerate the performance of the overall unit, taking appropriate action to correct deficiencies while embedding company recognition program within unit
· Provide ongoing development and coaching of Team Leaders to ensure unit succession planning
· Assist the regional management team and Resource Optimization office to establish and routine evaluation of baseline employee productivity benchmarks
· 7-10 years relevant and progressively more responsible claims work experience, including several years experience leading teams
· Insurance business management experience
· Budget oversight and experience
· Advanced knowledge of principles and methods pertaining to business leadership
· Knowledge of claims management practices, company operations and policies
· Advanced knowledge of construction codes and construction industry knowledge
· Advanced knowledge of environmental issues as it relates to residential practices and processes
· Able to translate strategy into action
· Strong relationship builder
· A proven collaborative approach to problem solving, decision-making and communication
· Effective communications skills including facilitation, consultation, negotiation, persuasion and presentations
· Open-minded and non-judgmental when resolving human relations issues and concerns
· Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train staff at a senior managerial level
· Strong team player, works well under pressure and ability to deal effectively with change
· Organizational and time management skills at a senior level
· Strategic thinking – highly skilled
· Customer focus – highly skilled – able to champion the customer perspective within the unit
· Building strategic relationships – highly skilled
· Results focus – highly skilled – able lead the unit in the delivery of measurable financial results
· Communications – highly skilled – able to communicate with a broad range of audiences and stakeholders
· Change Leadership – highly skilled – able to apply sound change management disciplines in a leadership role that deals primarily through influence, coaching and providing support
· Coaching – highly skilled
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
TD is committed to providing accommodations. if you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.