TD is a great organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day. Our over 85,000 employees world-wide are a big part of what makes TD stand out from any other organization. Every day, we deliver legendary customer and client experiences to our approximately 22 million customers. We’re an award-winning organization that reinvests constantly to ensure future growth.
We’re recognized as an extraordinary place to work that embraces diversity, where everyone is respected and valued. TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches, with many exciting and challenging career opportunities in our four key businesses: :
Infrastructure Technology Solutions (ITS) provides available, adaptable, secure, and cost-effective infrastructure-based technology services and support. We partner with our technology and business partners to enable TDBG to "Be the Better Bank".
Infrastructure Design, Build and Deploy – Design Lead is responsible for providing expertise, leadership and direction for creation of infrastructure designs. Interpreting requirements from application development and translating into implications for infrastructure designs. A key role is to provide infrastructure continuity throughout the project lifecycle, supporting the Solution Architect, IDBD and EITO as a project proceeds through its lifecycle.
We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Specialist (Design Lead) with broad skills base for both large and small initiatives within the ITS portfolio. The successful candidate will have a breadth of IT and / or business experiences. Key Accountabilities include:
- Provide Solutioning leadership for complex infrastructure environments and services aligned to technical governance and standards
- Contribute to the development of project plans by providing input to project charters, project deliverables, cost/benefits analysis, time line estimates, scope and control.
- Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management (PMLC) methodologies.
- Contribute to the implementation and testing strategies for business projects and programs.
- Participate in pre and post implementation reviews, ensuring all technical solutions have met business requirements.
- Collaborate with business leaders, IT professionals, and vendors ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately and clearly communicated.
- Support other team members to achieve business objectives aligned to technical governance and standards.
At least 2 years of proven experience architecting highly available / operable infrastructure solutions on:
· Websphere Application Server, ESB/SOA (WESB, DataPower)
· Database – Oracle RAC, DB2 on AIX or Z
· Storage – SAN, DAS & NAS
· HA & DRP designs
3 - 7 years proven experience leading major projects
Self-starter with leadership and organization skills
Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
Solid knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Solid knowledge of requirements documentation methodologies
Familiarity with Project Management methodology (PMLC)
Ability to facilitate meetings and requirements sessions
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Delivery, business focused mindset
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
TD is committed to providing accommodations. if you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.