TD is a great organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day. Our over 85,000 employees world-wide are a big part of what makes TD stand out from any other organization. Every day, we deliver legendary customer and client experiences to our approximately 22 million customers. We’re an award-winning organization that reinvests constantly to ensure future growth.
We’re recognized as an extraordinary place to work that embraces diversity, where everyone is respected and valued. TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches, with many exciting and challenging career opportunities in our four key businesses: :
As a senior leader within the Corporate Technology Risk Solutions team, the successful incumbent is responsible for representing the technology teams, driving technology initiatives and is jointly accountable for delivering business results.
Lead Enterprise Credit Risk and Basel Technology Group
· Oversee and manage the TS team and its day-to-day operations
· Deliver on an enterprise level risk data aggregation and reporting Technology Program
· Deliver on a Basel II/III regulatory capital Program
· In 2014, Deliver $26.2mm in technology capabilities with a team of +125 technology professionals
· Create and manage the Technology strategic roadmap for risk data aggregation, including consolidating onto a limited number of Golden Sources of data and BI tools.
· Manage the technology team responsible for business analysis and technical analysis.
· Oversee the delivery of data products in report / presentation format to Risk specifications and timeline
· Responsible for ongoing data sourcing and management (e.g. quality assurance, analysis, and the production and distribution of Management Information)
· Responsible for the technical operations of the daily/monthly/quarterly/annual capital and credit reporting systems
Build and Enhance Risk Technology Capabilities
· Work with Architecture, technology risk and infrastructure team to identify and develop fit for purpose technology capabilities (including assessing big data technology opportunities).
· Work with the technology teams supporting Finance, AML, Marketing, Security and Compliance looking for opportunities to share/leverage technologies.
· Integrate diverse data sources to enable big data analytics and enterprise level reporting
· Assess existing reporting & analytical tools and investigate new opportunities to enhance existing analytical capabilities and quality of data to enable greater automation
· Build for the future and provide people leadership; oversee people plans and strategies to attract, motivate and retain a highly talented and engaged analytics team to fulfill current and future business needs
This is a senior role with high expectations; the ideal candidate should have over 10 years of experience in Risk Technology, preferably in the financial services sector
· History of delivering impact and results within groups and organizations, developing and executing on strategies to deliver both short term and long term results
· Motivated to constantly striving to find innovative ways to enhance capability, methodology and practice
People Leadership and Influence
· Proven leadership – the ability to work in multiple teams, manage stakeholders and align leadership
· Experienced in leading and building effective teams and delivering superior results in both the short and long term
· Extensive experience in leading and designing complex data-intensive applications
· Deep expertise as a business analyst in the risk domain
· Experience with data modeling in the risk & finance domains
· Experienced implementing real-time analytics tools, including Business Intelligence (BI) and dashboards
· Demonstrated experience with enterprise data warehousing, .NET, Java, SQL programming language, MS-SQL Server/Oracle /DB2, Data Warehousing, ETL technology and Data Governance concepts
· Knowledge of Hadoop and other big data technologies would be an asset
· Experience in advising on data, data policies, risk assessments and implementing frameworks and key levers that deliver superior results
· Working knowledge of general banking services including all product classes, from retail, commercial banking and traded products
· In-depth industry knowledge, including regulatory frameworks and current challenges globally
· Experienced in advanced qualitative and quantitative risk management methods and models
· Strong knowledge of enterprise risk management solutions and process, as well as knowledge of investigative processes and tools
· Working knowledge of Risk technology vendors (e.g. Walters-Kluwer FinStudio, Moody’s Risk Analyst)
Relationship Building and Communications
· Extensive experience in business writing and generating solid project deliverables
· Excellent client relationship skills at the project leadership level, demonstrated effective teamwork, and a track record of consistently exceeding goals
· Proven ability to communicate effectively at senior levels, build deep relationships with partners
· Self-driven, motivated to excel, ability to work with minimal supervision, and maintain productivity in a fast-pace and at times high pressure environment
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
TD is committed to providing accommodations. if you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.