TD is a great organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day. Our over 85,000 employees world-wide are a big part of what makes TD stand out from any other organization. Every day, we deliver legendary customer and client experiences to our approximately 22 million customers. We’re an award-winning organization that reinvests constantly to ensure future growth.
We’re recognized as an extraordinary place to work that embraces diversity, where everyone is respected and valued. TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches, with many exciting and challenging career opportunities in our four key businesses: :
Online Channel is a dynamic and exciting area within Direct Channels Technology Services. As part of the EasyWeb / Web Business Banking and Payments team, the selected candidate will lead the delivery of the application development for various critical client-facing applications (EasyWeb, IOL, Web Business Banking). Given the central and client-facing nature of these applications, this unique opportunity provides a high level of interaction with different lines of businesses and exposure to variety of challenging initiatives.
The primary task required is to design and develop and web enabled applications in Java. Detailed analytical skills will be necessary to resolve problems and deliver solutions. The candidate will need to develop, implement and maintain solutions that maximize system availability along with providing periodic scope assistance including a need to oversee other developers. Ensure coding continuity is also a key requirement.
A vacancy exists for an application technical lead to join the team in the delivery and development of this project and to eventually contribute to future enhancement, support and maintenance post-delivery. Prime responsibility will be to develop detailed design specifications, create and review code and assess impact on other applications. Role will work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities.
Key accountabilities are:
• Responsible for developing key technical aspects of project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions. Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
• Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions. Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution.
• Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting.
• Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments. May lead code reviews.
• Work closely with System Test Environment Management Team (STEMT) to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
• Provide technical support to business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution.
• Coaching / mentoring of junior developers.
• Knowledge transfer within group.
• Assist in deployment processes.
• Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full time staff upon completion of contract term.
• Clear leadership experience
The successful applicant must have proven experience with the following;
5+ years’ experience developing J2EE based applications
Proficiency in HTML, and XML/XSL
Exceptional communication skills including ability to write clear and concise documentation
5+ years’ experience in the SDLC
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
TD is committed to providing accommodations. if you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.