TD is a great organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day. Our over 85,000 employees world-wide are a big part of what makes TD stand out from any other organization. Every day, we deliver legendary customer and client experiences to our approximately 22 million customers. We’re an award-winning organization that reinvests constantly to ensure future growth.
We’re recognized as an extraordinary place to work that embraces diversity, where everyone is respected and valued. TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches, with many exciting and challenging career opportunities in our four key businesses: :
The CSTS - Basel Reporting team supports the Basel II/Basel III Reporting requirements for the Canadian regulator, OSFI and the US regulator, OCC. For the Canadian reporting, this includes Basel Capital Adequacy Requirements (BCAR) Reports, Pillar III public disclosure and New Credit Risk (NCR), Economic Capital (eCap) for NCR.
For US Rules reporting this includes FFIEC 101– Risk-Based Capital Reporting for Institutions Subject to the Advanced Capital Adequacy Framework
Our business sponsor is Chief’s Regulatory Reporting, however, we perform projects and support for all segments involved in Basel III Reporting, including TD Commercial Bank, TD Securities Wholesale Bank, TDCT Retail Bank, TD US Personal and Commercial Bank, TD Waterhouse Canada and UK.
The successful candidate will report to the IT Manager / Team Lead - Demand Manager for the Basel Reporting team.
This team currently supports the Basel Reporting Applications – RWA/CAR, NCR, Pillar 3 & CICA3862.
S/he will be responsible for providing delivery of solutions to our business partners, as well as guidance and support on various Basel Reporting initiatives.
Define Technology Solutions and Service Clients
· Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to assess current capabilities and understand high-level business requirements
· Understand business requirements and apply technical background/understanding in the development of System Requirements Specification (SRS) documents
· Monitor product lifecycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, undertaking re-development, as required
· Work with the business to design effective “To-Be” processes
· Identify and define detailed product requirements and use cases
· Support newly identified conceptual designs newly identified business solution options
· Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements
· Work with the Developers/Architects to translate user and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications; review design documents, and architecture blue prints
· Adhere to existing processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
· As required, research, design, develop and/or support solutions, processes, applications, systems, and products that maximize efficiency, effectiveness and/or system availability, and minimize or prevent problems and issues
· Identify and implement process improvements to enhance revenue, stakeholder experience and/or reduce costs
· Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC) - including development of project documentation of system requirements, estimates of scope and cost, etc.
· Contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
· Participate in development and review of test plans and test scripts ensuring adherence to agreed upon business requirements and participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions
· Maintain a solid understanding of CSTS standards in order to develop effective technical specifications
Ensure all support and project artifacts adhere to TD standards and audit requirements and are stored as per team standardsMaintain and Support Technology Solutions
· Provide operational and support activities for applications within the line of business, including (but not limited to) scheduling and monitoring of tasks, managing application access, maintaining and providing reports on performance metrics.
· Own production issues raised and follow up with LoBs through to final resolution.
· Document and review operational processes and procedures as they are required and as they change.
· Maintain all documents through applicable document management system
· Act as a technical resource for business partners to ensure deliverables meet business and end-user requirements
· Provide seamless integration of activities and processes, recognizing system interdependencies
· Apply cost management processes effectively within the LoB
· Support overall deployment of solutions, where applicable
· Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
· Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise and keep current with industry and/or business trends
· Support business partners with business acceptance testing
· Experience in System Analysis/Business Analysis
· Relevant work experience in technology with a broad understanding across multiple IT disciplines
· Sound understanding and working knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
· Basic understanding of PMLC (Project Management Life Cycle
· Sound understanding of the underlying technologies, infrastructure and business continuity planning for the applications supported
· Advanced knowledge of SQL
· Good communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills
· General knowledge of Bank and technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications)
· Good understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/disciplines
· Proactive team player with effective time management skills; ability to work independently, manage multiple deadlines/projects and keep key players informed
· Ability to perform all aspects of research, analysis
· Works independently and often autonomously in the management of applications and develops strategic thinking/ planning in the execution of work plans
· Basic knowledge of external competition, industry and/or market trends in relation to own business
· Experience working in the Financial industry is an asset
· Knowledge of Bank and technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications) and managing people/projects
· Ability to, research, analyze and problem-solve issues
· Ability to act as a subject matter expert for a business application and/or a specific technology
· Experience and knowledge of TD SDLC is an asset
Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
· University or college or equivalent work experience
· Candidates who do not meet the education requirements but have extensive experience in Systems / IT Business Analysis will be considered
· Knowledge of Risk Management is an asset
· Communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to management
· Interact with stakeholders to provide quality service/solutions consistent with objectives and business requirements
· Collaborate closely with stakeholders as the business/functional counterpart in solution identification and maintenance.
· Participate in a user and task analysis to maintain the business community's perspective
· Act as a liaison between Developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction
· Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the Developers/Architects and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements
· Provide technical expertise and counsel by acting as a reference on technology, trends and processes related to own area
· Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution
· Participate in audit activities, technology risk assessments and remediation for all internal and external audit findings
Effective Member of Team (Teamwork)
· Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
· Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
· Actively participate in team and LoB working meetings
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
TD is committed to providing accommodations. if you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.