NBC Universal Careers
Credo & History
Awards & Recognition
Benefits & Perks
Diversity & Inclusion
Employee Resource Groups
Ops / Technology
Parks & Resorts
Our Career Paths
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
Director, UX/UI Engineering, Audience Studio
Operations & Technical Services
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
As a member of the Sales Research and Analytics Technology (SRAT) Product Engineering Team, the Director, UX/UI Engineering, Audience Studio will be directly responsible for all UX/UI engineering as part of building out the necessary platform and products for NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio. NBCUniversal’s audience management products will enable NBCUniversal to better understand its brand’s audiences such as NBC News, Bravo, The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, and USA Network as well as audiences that cross brands. The goal is to ensure we know who is watching what, where and when. In turn enabling NBCUniversal’s sales teams to properly align our audiences with the market advertisements that can benefit them the most.
You’re a big thinker who can analyze and evangelize a long range opportunity, architect a ground breaking solution, and roll-up your sleeves to get code out the door when needed. You are data driven and analytical. You understand the concept of a value proposition and evaluation criteria, and you know how to align them with low level milestones to get the work done. You can apply domain knowledge from one technical subject, in order to quickly ramp and deliver on a new one. You know how to learn from failure until you succeed, and you are able to articulate and quantify the reasons for your decisions.
You will be part of the Audience Studio Data Technology team, participating in the engineering team that will drive both current and future data management initiatives within NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio group.
• Serve as a senior UX/UI engineer for audience studio data products.
• Participate in, and execute, a 12-36 month product roadmap with input from the delivery team, stakeholders, and SRAT leadership
• Specify and develop the UX/UI architecture and metamodel that is core to Audience Studio, under the leadership and direction of the VP Data Technology
• Lead cross functional applications engineering teams in the implementation of Audience Studio designs
• Bachelor¹s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5-15+ years of software development experience, as a UX/UI developer and manager
• 2-5+ years of experience with digital advertising technologies.
• Strong knowledge of UX/UI design and how to apply to advertising audience scoring, modeling and activation
• Fluency in at least 1 UI visualization tool (eg Cacoo, Lucidchart, Omnigraffle etc)
• Experience/exposure to modern UI Frameworks (Materialize css, Angular Material, LumX)
• Experience developing and using custom component libraries
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Able to easily transition between high-level strategy and day-to-day implementation
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Click
to view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.