NBC Universal Careers
Credo & History
Awards & Recognition
Benefits & Perks
Diversity & Inclusion
Employee Resource Groups
Ops / Technology
Parks & Resorts
Our Career Paths
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
Director, Current Production
TV Content & Production
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
The Director, Current Production will report directly to the VP, Current Production and will serve as executive producer on selected current series, event series and specials. There will be a specific focus on overseeing crime and investigative series’; however, the candidate can have varied experience in all genres including docuseries in addition to crime.
- Serve as executive producer on selected current shows, acting as a liaison to the marketing, publicity, ad sales, and digital teams for those projects
- Serve as point creative executive and provide creative direction from Pre-production throughout Post production. Provide notes and guide editorial on all cuts from roughcut to locked picture cut
- Manage talent where necessary on selected shows
- Liaise with sales team and Production Company to provide integration ideas and supervise integration execution on set
- Supervise and conceptualize the production elements of the digital materials that emanate from assigned shows- i.e. webisodes/extra scenes/blogs etc
- Problem solve show issues with producers and VP of Current Production
- Attend shoots that may require travel, and work with finance to solve budget issues
- Act as the main point of contact with VP, Current Production, between the network and producers for managing day-to-day details of production planning and logistics including:
- Working with the production companies on budgeting, calendar, crew, logistics, insurance, etc.
-Facilitating necessary approvals, materials, and information across various departments
-Managing and communicating the flow of information, materials, dates, schedules etc. to VP Current and greater team
- Minimum 6 years of experience in physical production on a series or at a network
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA and travel to New York, NY for shoots
• Experience on crime and investigative programming, both stand-alone recreation formats as well as real-time documentary series is a plus.
• Strong crime and mystery storytelling abilities and a genuine crime sensibility— ability to recognize what makes a strong murder mystery that allows for armchair detective play-a-long for the audience.
• Authentic passion for the new Oxygen brand
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – both internally and externally.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Journalism, investigative reporting and writing skills a plus.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Click
to view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.