NBC Universal Careers
Credo & History
Awards & Recognition
Benefits & Perks
Diversity & Inclusion
Employee Resource Groups
Ops / Technology
Parks & Resorts
Our Career Paths
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
Lifestyle Editor – Style & Shopping, Bravo Digital
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Bravo Digital is looking for a seasoned content creator to help drive growth around two of its key lifestyle verticals.
You’ll be brimming with editorial ideas around fashion, beauty, and shopping and will help craft the distinct voice and tone that Bravo brings to our Lookbook and Most Wanted content.
Overseeing a full-time associate editor and a team of freelance contributors, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of editorial planning to ensure that each vertical is publishing timely, relevant and sharable content every day.
Reporting to the Senior Producer, News & Lifestyle, the ideal candidate will have experience in either the fashion/beauty or curated shopping space and will be strongly rooted in digital-first publishing.
Understanding and utilizing Web metrics and data to inform editorial decision making is not just encouraged, but expected. You’ll also be well versed in publishing content to different digital platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest etc) and will have an understanding of how to forge and foster editorial partnerships with 3rd-party publishers and influencers.
While you’ll be charged with the oversight and growth of these two verticals, you’ll be equally comfortable assigning stories to freelancers as you are writing content around fast-moving, buzz-worthy story opportunities. A hands-on operator will thrive in this role.
You’ll work closely with other content creators across Bravo to leverage our talent and IP for each vertical when it makes sense to do so. In addition, you’ll be comfortable thinking about advertiser-friendly content packages and opportunities to help drive sponsorships.
- Manage and maintain Lookbook and Most Wanted on Bravotv.com
- Developing and launching shopping content with an eye toward driving both audience and revenue
- Manage daily story assignments and freelance contributors
- Edit copy, coordinate relevant media -- photos, video, etc. -- and publish in a timely fashion
- Create and publish blog posts, photo galleries, video playlists, and other content experiences within Bravo’s CMS
- Managing relationships with merchants and publicists to create exclusive content around new products
- Develop digital tentpoles, franchises, and rich video concepts within the style and shopping space
- Manage distribution/promotion of style and shopping content through social media, on-air, and other platforms
- Monitor and analyze real-time user activity (both on Bravo platforms and on social media) to identify opportunities to promote or create content
- Identify and help recruit potential content partners whose voices align with Bravo’s
- Implement SEO best practices on all generated content
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Proven ability to identify trends that resonate with users, and products that will attract new users
- Experience analyzing traffic and adjusting content and/or promotion accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to work with celebrity talent
- Demonstrated experience negotiating exclusive access/interviews with talent, managers, and publicists
- Ability to conceive of compelling, shareable editorial and video features and franchises that endure beyond the standard news cycle
- Experience creating successful sponsor-integrated content
- Experience creating digital content for new / emerging platforms
- Working knowledge of video production a plus
- Deep understanding of Bravo voice and brand characteristics a plus
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Click
to view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.