NBC Universal Careers
Credo & History
Awards & Recognition
Benefits & Perks
Diversity & Inclusion
Employee Resource Groups
Ops / Technology
Parks & Resorts
Our Career Paths
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
Vice President, Current Production
TV Content & Production
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
With more breakout stars and critically acclaimed original series than any other network on cable, Bravo's original programming — from hot cuisine to haute couture — delivers the best in food, fashion, beauty, design and pop culture to the most engaged, upscale and educated audience in cable.
Consistently the fastest growing Top 20 ad-supported cable entertainment network, Bravo continues to translate buzz into reality with critically-acclaimed breakout creative competition and docu-series, including the Emmy and James Beard Award-nominated Top Chef, two-time Emmy Award winner Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, the 14-time Emmy nominated Inside the Actors Studio, the hit series Shear Genius, Million Dollar Listing, The Millionaire Matchmaker, Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, Make Me A Supermodel, and the water cooler sensations that are The Real Housewives of New York City, The Real Housewives of Orange County, and The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Bravo reaches its unique audience through every consumer touch point and across all platforms on-air, online and on the go, providing the network's highly-engaged fans with a menu of options to experience the network in a four-dimensional manner.
Bravo is a program service of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. Bravo has been an NBC cable network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980.
The Vice President, Current Production will report directly to the SVP, Current Production and will serve as executive producer in the production, post production and delivery of original programming and related creative elements for selected series and specials. The Vice President, Current Production will lead a team serving as main point of contact between the key internal departments and outside producers and production companies in managing day-to-day details of production.
• Work with producers and production companies to maintain adherence and accountability for aspects of editorial, budgetary, and production standards as well as contractual requirements for programming.
• Provide notes on production concepts, casting, outlines and approve storylines for series.
• Understand how to evaluate budget numbers and work closely with Production Management Department on evaluating budgets.
• Supervise the production and post-production on select shows, including guiding story development, reviewing rough cuts, editorial guidance and feedback.
• Attend shoots in the studio and on location.
• Manage on-camera talent where necessary on selected shows.
• Manage and communicate the flow of information, materials, dates, schedules etc., to SVP, Current Production and facilitate necessary approvals, materials, and information across various departments.
• Liaise with sales team and production companies to provide integration ideas and supervise integration execution on set.
• Supervise and conceptualize the production elements of the digital materials that emanate from assigned shows, i.e. webisodes/extra scenes/blogs, etc.
• Problem-solve show issues with producers, production companies and SVP, Current Production.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in physical production at a production company or network.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally.
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, California.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Knowledge of all aspects of contemporary TV production and post-production including digital and social media.
• Proficiency in TV production of docu-series and competitive reality shows.
• Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities, with emphasis on story development, series production and strong post production skills.
• Extensive ties to the agent, talent manager and TV and Digital production community.
• Strong relationships with independent producers and show runners.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and a track record of leadership ability.
• An independent thinker who is also a team player.
• Passion for the brand.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Click
to view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.