NBC Universal Careers
Credo & History
Awards & Recognition
Benefits & Perks
Diversity & Inclusion
Employee Resource Groups
Ops / Technology
Parks & Resorts
Our Career Paths
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
Principal Quality Engineering, Audience Studio
Operations & Technical Services
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a member of the Sales Research and Analytics Technology (SRAT) Product Engineering Team, the Principal, Quality Engineering, Audience Studio will be directly responsible for quality engineering practices, test framework and scripts, and execution of software & data testing regarding the platform and products for NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio. NBCUniversal’s audience management products will enable NBCUniversal to better understand its brand’s audiences such as NBC News, Bravo, The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, and USA Network as well as audiences that cross brands. The goal is to ensure we know who is watching what, where and when. In turn enabling NBCUniversal’s sales teams to properly align our audiences with the market advertisements that can benefit them the most.
You’re a big thinker who can analyze and evangelize a long range opportunity, architect a ground breaking solution, and roll-up your sleeves to get code out the door when needed. You are data driven and analytical. You understand the concept of a value proposition and evaluation criteria, and you know how to align them with low level milestones to get the work done. You can apply domain knowledge from one technical subject, in order to quickly ramp and deliver on a new one. You know how to learn from failure until you succeed, and you are able to articulate and quantify the reasons for your decisions.
You will lead the Audience Studio Quality Engineering team, participating in the platform and products that will drive both current and future data management initiatives within NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio group.
• Serve as a Principal, Quality Engineering for audience studio data products, leading the quality engineering team.
• Develop and code the testing services that is core to Audience Studio, under the leadership of the Chief Architect
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Bachelor¹s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5-10+ years of software development experience, as a quality engineer or manager
• Proven working experience in software quality assurance
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
• Experience with Big data testing methodology a big plus
• Experience with Jira a must
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through NBC UNIVERSAL CAREERS to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Click
to view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.