Apply to job
Save to cart
View similar jobs
Case Manager - Integrated Disability Management | Transtar LLC
Auto req ID
US - PA
Work Location - City
Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
Manages all activities relative to Transtar's Integrated Disability Management (IDM) programs, including but not limited to: occupational and non-occupational case management, company physicals (pre-employment, return to work, fitness for duty), hearing conservation, drugs and alcohol (including EAP) and FMLA. Also manages and assures Transtar corporate compliance with Federal laws regarding medical issues such as ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, DOT regulations and FRA regulations.
Responsibilities, Authorities and Accountabilities:
1. Manages all medical duties and responsibilities assigned to the Transtar IDM.
2. Manages and arranges all medical examinations for the Transtar properties, which include: Pre-employment, Hearing conservation, Regulatory (FRA & DOT), Company, Return to work and Fitness for duty.
3. Actively case manages all Transtar occupational and non-occupational injuries as well as the associated Salary Continuance, Wage Continuance, Sickness and Accident, or Supplemental Disability claims.
4. Serves as the corporate medical liaison for Transtar IDM function, who manages and coordinates medical treatment with the various USS medical facilities as well as with other contract and non-contract providers.
5. Serves as the corporate contact for the EAP program.
6. Manages all Transtar Drug and Alcohol testing and assures that proper MRO review occurs. Assures that proper corporate designees (DER’s) are notified of test results and proper distribution of data occurs. Manages and secures all records pertaining to Drug and Alcohol testing and reviews the records with the MRO when needed.
7. Works closely with corporate safety professional and maintains the occupational injury log and medical files. Oversees and manages injury information systematically, as appropriate, and participates in both company and regulatory audits.
8. Consults with all Transtar departments (operational & administrative) relative to IDM policies and regulatory matters affecting their operations.
9. Manages and administers all IDM policies and procedures and monitors corporate compliance.
10. Consults and assists outside legal counsel with cases that are in litigation relative to medical issues.
11. Manages and reviews all Transtar FMLA requests. Responds to requests regarding employees off for “serious health conditions”. Also reviews and consults with the Human Resources department relative to requests pertaining to “care of others” within the FMLA law.
12. Consults with Company designated physicians in establishing three panel boards when required by law or labor agreement.
13. Manages, reviews and maintains all policies and forms pertaining to IDM. Recommends changes to both policies and forms and is responsible for proper dissemination once they are approved.
14. Assists the General Claim Agent in claims matters as directed.
Specific Knowledge and Experience Required
1. Minimum requirement - Bachelor’s Degree in nursing and at least 3 years of clinical practice.
2. Ability to obtain licensure in each of the states Transtar operates is required; Certified Case Management (CCM) or Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS) certification is preferred.
As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Transtar companies are a principled companies committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. Transtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply to job
Save to cart
View similar jobs