| || Field Service Rep I HW |
| || 11500BR |
| || Oncology Systems (ONCG) |
| || Washington, D.C. |
| || Washington DC Metro |
| || Regular Full-Time |
| || When you join Varian, you’re joining an organization with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. You’ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Bring your talent to a place where your work will help fight cancer. Join Varian’s Oncology Systems team, and the work you do can make a difference by helping to create a world without fear of cancer. We develop and manufacture products and solutions that innovate, support and streamline cancer-fighting solutions worldwide. Our teams have a common drive to help others, and a passion for excellence. Join Varian and add your talent to the fight against cancer. |
| || The Field Service Representative (FSR) is the primary contact for Varian Medical Systems (VMS) customer service and repair needs ensuring that our customers’ equipment operates efficiently at all times. The Hardware FSR is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, installing, upgrading and performing preventative maintenance on all designated VMS equipment according to instructions and company guidelines. Each FSR operates in a designated field service territory and represents VMS. This requires a high level of professional communication with their team, customers, management, sales and other technical support. Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Position must have full access to VMS client sites to perform the essential functions of this position. |
More info on products and linear accelerators can be found on http://varian.com/oncology
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all designated VMS equipment within an assigned service territory, including preventative maintenance, installations and upgrades per VMS guidelines.
- Manage time and maintain a schedule to include preventative maintenance, installations and upgrades as well as incoming customer calls demonstrating the ability to assess and prioritize the urgency of customer requests and follow-through to completion.
- Understand and recognize the need to escalate incidents when necessary and/or request additional assistance from more tenured representatives.
- Examine difficult customer issues, diagnose and resolve the issues and meet established FSR levels.
- Maintain effective territory management and expense control which includes timely completion and submission of field service and expense reports along with management of consignment and other required documentation according VMS procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships through the use of strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
| || Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:|
Other Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Possess a minimum of a High School Degree or equivalent
- Limited use and/or application of technical documentation, standards, principles, concepts, and techniques in the field.
- Uses acquired job skills and company policies to complete assigned tasks
- Knowledge of and professional experience with with tools & test equipment including but is not limited to oscilloscopes, digital volt meters, torque wrenches, and other electronic and electro-mechanical engineering test equipment used for verification/checkout and calibration of electronic equipment
- Knowledge of and professional technical experience with micro-computers/PC based systems
- Basic computer usage and debugging skills
- Fundamental knowledge of networks and networking techniques.
- Basic understanding of imaging systems
- Capable of performing routine maintenance such as follow ups, planned service and minor technical bulletins
- Basic accelerator theory knowledge
- Customer focused attitude
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Articulate and skilled in interpersonal communication
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Familiar with tools such as: Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- A passion for making a difference in the lives of cancer patients by ensuring that systems meet maximum uptime and perform safely and effectively
- AA/BS/Military Electronics or Electro-Mechanical Training and >2 years of practical field experience desired
- Applicants with RADAR, SONAR, Fire Control, and Avionics tech experience are highly encouraged to apply
- BMET/CRES Certification a plus
- Be able to interpret customer concerns and translate to machine issue.
- May be assigned as primary contact for C3 linear accelerator or TrueBeam machine once training requirements are completed.
- Be able to understand and utilize the escalation process to Senior FSR, Management, Global Technical Support (GTS), Product Support Engineering (PSE), Applications Required Certifications and Training
- In process of attending required VMS training classes.
- Has or will complete ongoing training with more tenured FSR(s).
- Meets all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain VMS client site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by client and may include, but are not limited to:
- Proof of valid identification (photo, driver’s license, SSN)
- Criminal background checks
- Drug screens o Immunizations (Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus)
- Annual TB testing
- Healthcare trainings Experience Level with Business Tools
| || At Varian, our culture is centered on fostering the creative potential of every employee through teamwork and collaboration. Our technologies touch millions of lives every day, and this inspires us to do our best work – every day. By using your talent, ambition and creativity, you can build a career that allows you to make a real difference in people’s lives. You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did. |
| || All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. |
| || 25%-50% |