| || 18356BR |
| || Geotechnical Engineer 6 |
| || North Carolina - Raleigh |
| || Raleigh, NC |
| || CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. |
| || As a member of our geotechnical team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization
- Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to your specialty field
- Visualizing and assuming responsibility for new business development activities within your areas of expertise
- Expanding dams-related geotechnical business to complement the other South and North Carolina business lines
- Working as a recognized leader of technical and professional staff
- Acting as mentor for lower-level employees
- Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and complexity
- Directing the work of a staff of up to 5 engineers and technicians
- Evaluating progress and results obtained, and recommending major changes to achieve overall objectives
- Serving as the technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned responsibility area such as subject matter, function, type of facility or equipment, or product
- Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith in order to recommend changes to current programs, or new programs warranted by such developments
| || - 10 - 13 minimum years of experience since B.S.
- Registration as Professional Engineer in South and North Carolina is a requirement.
- Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering is strongly preferred.
- Significant experience with dam and levee inspection, analysis, design, and construction is strongly preferred.
- Experience with transportation, landfills, seismic design, and trenchless technology is preferred.
- Experience with water and wastewater projects with state, county and municipal agencies is preferred.
- Some experience outside South and North Carolina is a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
| || Fulltime-Regular |
| || 20% |
| || We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. |
| || All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee. |