NETL is part of the Department of Energy (DOE) and implements energy and environmental research and development in fossil fuels (coal, oil, natural gas). NETL performs work on site, in field offices and with university partners. Lockheed Martin is seeking a Senior Business Manager/Deputy PM for a program that will help the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) in Morgantown, WV grow beyond coal into a leading National Lab that develops solutions to support America’s energy independence while also protecting the environment.
The Business Manager will be an essential member of the leadership team bringing the vision of the Lockheed Martin solution to the Laboratory. He/She will work closely with Program Manager to drive the organization toward change and manage the day to day business and operational aspects of the program as well as back up the program manager as needed in customer meetings and reporting.
Typical Duties will include:
• Day to Day operational management of the different task areas covered under the program (Computational and Basic Sciences, Energy Systems Dynamics, Geological and Environmental Systems, and New Business/Commercialization)
• Responsible for directing and overseeing the implementation and execution of project activities to achieve the defined scope and objectives. This includes managing the portfolio of work, including setting goals and priorities, monitoring activities, ensuring timely and accurate completion of work, and assessing quality and progress of work.
• Makes staffing decisions, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities.
• Management of financial performance, invoicing, BOEs, cost accounting and reporting requirements to the customer as well as internally
• Manage procurement and property management on the program (facilities, R&D equipment, IT Resources)
• May be responsible for overseeing a Union Represented employee population (with Labor Relations Rep. support)
• Ensure that Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) for all employees is a top priority across all locations.
To learn more about the research being done at NETL visit http://www.netl.doe.gov/
Note: This position is contingent upon contract award and funding anticipated, summer 2014. Relocation negotiable.
Keywords: Deputy Program Manager, Business Manager, operations manager, Laboratory, Research, Oil, Gas, Natural Gas, R&D, Professional Engineer, Chemical Engineer, fossil fuel, fossil energy, climate change, methane, gasification
• 5 or more years’ Deputy Program Management or Business Management experience supporting multi-million dollar programs
• Background working in a Research and Development (R&D) or laboratory environment at a national laboratory, in a university setting or for a commercial company
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, engineering or business discipline
• Specific experience with Fossil Energy (oil, natural gas, or coal) desired
• Environmental science experience as it relates to fossil fuels and climate
• Demonstrate experience and ability setting priorities in a large complex institution while managing competing interests
• Understanding of the technical infrastructure needed to operate a laboratory environment
ESS8200 IS&GS (S8200-SWIFT)
Info Systems & Global Sol
7219024:ITS-Civl - Other GSA
STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.