It takes a dream to create a successful business
idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are looking for Team Leaders to join our IKEA India team at our upcoming IKEA Navi Mumbai Store
PURPOSE OF JOB
To optimize the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales. You do this by motivating and inspiring your department team using knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers. You use IKEA tools and the expertise of your team and colleagues to support you. You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the IKEA store:
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- to act as a highly efficient, and staffed sales mechanism
- to show home furnishing solutions full of inspiring home furnishing ideas
- to serve as a well-qualified home furnishing specialist
- to provide a day out for the whole family
JOB SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES
- Your working base is the shop floor where you lead by example every day, supporting, challenging and coaching co-workers.
- Together with your team, you focus on putting the customer first in everything you do within the store shop. Every customer must have a shopping experience that exceeds his or her expectations.
- You take full responsibility for ensuring your shop is in excellent shape as new and fully stocked, and with the four merchandising basics in place at all times (priced, clean, well, assembled and available.)
- Together with your shopkeeper, you take responsibility for your department goals and ensure your action plan is in place and communicated clearly to them. You follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples. You define your individual contribution and goals for delivering the department plan.
- You are passionate about the IKEA products in your shop. You create a high level of knowledge about the products’ features and benefits, and share this with customers and your team.
- You are proactive in finding opportunities and acting on them to maximise sales through understanding customers and the local market and keeping an eye on competition.
- You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
- You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritised products (e.g. overstock/övertag) and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term profitability.
- You execute meaningful actions that are based on the outcome of a key performance indicator analysis at shopkeeper level.
- You actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
- A person with the potential to become a shopkeeper.
- Ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- A considered decision-maker.
- Ability to take responsibility and delegate when necessary.
- A good communicator who speaks to co-workers and customers in a friendly and engaged manner.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- The right attitude and behaviour to sell actively and help customers to buy.
- Understanding of customer behaviour.
- Understanding and active use of the Selling the IKEA way and Pricing the IKEA way manuals.
- Sales steering
- Sales location management/sales space capacity.
- IKEA product range, including service products.
- Range presentation.
- Knowledge about competitors and your local market.
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
- Experience of working in a customer- and commercial-oriented business.
- Experience of actively selling through understanding customers and their needs.
- Open to change/highly flexible.
- Ability to work together in a team.
- Ability to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives (often with a high sense of urgency).
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of the time available.
- Develop the business and deliver results
- Lead and develop people
- Inspire and clarify
- Create togetherness
- Find better ways
- Enable change
- A passion for selling, reaching your goals and getting the best for IKEA customers.
- The IKEA values accurately reflect your own values.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
- You get as much out of helping your team achieve and develop as you do of your own achievements.