It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for Recovery Team Leader to join our IKEA India team in Hyderabad
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
To contribute to the success of the IKEA business through efficient and effective operations with focus on preventing costs and maximising profit on products that cannot be sold through our normal pipeline. This work is carried out with the possible environmental impact in mind and always takes the customer's quality perception on our range into consideration. The function also ensures that any feedback on quality issues from a retail and customer point of view is taken into the product quality deviation pipeline.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Proactive co-operation and contribution with colleagues inside and outside the department with the aim to minimise all internal damages or other costs related to IKEA products.
- Take necessary action on products to give them a second chance, such as repackaging and assembly.
- Present IKEA products in As-Is using a strong commercial expression, selling these products with pride and setting relevant prices that are attractive to customers yet still generate the best results for the store.
- Support the quality work in the store in order to constantly improve customers' quality perception of IKEA products.
- Always consider the sustainability impact when deciding when and how to recover products.
- Identify and develop the many talents within the store/unit/department to secure succession planning
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and living IKEA culture that inspire to extraordinary achievements in the store/unit/department.
- Ensure that the store / department / unit work works in compliance with the IKEA Code of Conduct, IKEA internal regulations and local legislation relating to Health, Safety & Security and environment.
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE & SKILLED REQUIRED
Essentials for the role
- Extensive knowledge of using IT systems and other tools in daily work duties.
- Good knowledge of functions within the IKEA store and how they contribute to the recovery and quality process.
- Good knowledge of the IKEA product range. Extensive knowledge of the store's recovery process.
- Good understanding of merchandising techniques and how to create a commercially attractive As-Is area.
- Good knowledge of the waste management and sustainability principles.
- Basic understanding on how each workflow within Recovery affects the store profit and loss.
- Home furnishing knowledge
- Knowledge about life at home
- Knowledge of budget and an understanding of the key performance measurement used to plan, follow up and steer the business.
- Highly motivated to give IKEA products a second chance using smart solutions.
- Always strives to reach goals with a high level of energy and motivation.
- An ambassador for the IKEA values, particularly cost consciousness and simplicity.
- A passion for IKEA products.
- A strong desire to reflect cost-awareness in all actions
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks based on need and volume and work under pressure.
- Operational understanding and logical thinking.
- Good communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Flexible with a readiness to change.
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually