It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
Working at the IKEA Group means that you are part of an inspiring, fun and fast-paced environment. We’re the world’s largest home furnishing retailer, with 155,000 co-workers and operations in 43 countries, but we value working in a non-bureaucratic way. Here you can always be yourself. In fact, we actively encourage it! At IKEA, we respect each other, our differences and are open to everyone making a contribution. So no matter where you work in the world, you’ll most likely rub shoulders with a diverse group of people – with different backgrounds, special skills and a quirky sense of humour.
We offer exceptional career and learning possibilities at IKEA. Our co-workers are encouraged to try different roles, and many change between functions and countries several times in their careers. You can design your own career path according to your development plan and future goals. We believe in every co-worker’s ability to develop. Because as you grow, IKEA grows too. To start growing with IKEA, take a look at our different roles and available jobs.
We are currently looking for Compliance Specialist to join our IKEA India team in Hyderabad
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
To contribute to the positioning of the IKEA Brand as unique, meaningful and trusted through Risk Management and Compliance activities.
To steer and support the business by identifying and adequately mitigating risks, and improve the overall level of compliance and efficiency.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Protect IKEA co-workers, customers and assets from preventable loss, injury or illness Drive the annual compliance plan for the store based on the Country Compliance plan and global & local priorities.
- Build and support a cross-functional network of business stakeholders that have responsibility for compliance (related) activities in the store.
- Support that local regulatory requirements are anchored in steering documents and communicated to the relevant business stakeholders.
- Support and encourage awareness activities on steering documents through learning and communication.
- Support functional managers at unit level in the implementation of steering documents and working methods.
- Conduct compliance activities that are under direct responsibility of the Store Risk & Compliance function.
- Connect to owners of compliance activities according to the scope of Retail compliance, and coordinate these activities for the store.
- Where compliance verification activities highlight non-compliance, provide recommendations and support for the business to develop action plans and monitor their implementation.
- Identify improvements in working methods, together with the functional managers at unit level, in order to continuously improve efficiency.
- Prepare periodical consolidated reports for Country Compliance function and for the store risk and compliance function on the overall level of compliance on key risk areas.
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE & SKILLED REQUIRED
Essentials for the role
- Intermediate stakeholder management skills
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently Understanding of local and national laws and regulations
- Written and oral communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Passion for people
- Passion for the IKEA business and values
- Passion for achieving results throughout the organisation
- Motivation to interact with people at all levels of the organisation
- Interest to design and drive the risk and compliance agenda