The mission of Harvard Business School (HBS) is to educate leaders who make a difference in the world.
HBX is Harvard Business School’s vision of business education reimagined for the digital age. We support the HBS mission by creating online learning experiences that bring business education to life. While product development is ongoing, we have two unique initial offerings: HBX CORe, our primer on the fundamentals of business and HBX Courses, a series of programs intended to showcase faculty ideas. Products are delivered through unique platforms, including 1) our online platform that offers self-paced learning experiences grounded in interactive, real world problem solving, and 2) HBX Live, a one-of-a-kind virtual classroom that allows participants worldwide to interact in real-time with one another and a faculty member much as they would in a traditional HBS case classroom.
The HBX team, dedicated to delivering high quality business education through these innovative online concepts, is in a period of rapid growth and expansion. Benefits include being part of the HBS culture of learning and exposure to the larger University setting, while enjoying the fast-paced and high-energy start-up environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the HBX Course Development team, the Research and Teaching Associate develops and delivers novel online learning experiences. Initial areas of focus of this role will be on a joint Harvard Business School (HBS) - Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) program on leadership in K-12 education. This role may also be involved with other HBX programming initiatives, both new and existing.
The role has a portfolio of responsibilities, changing as the HBX/HGSE project proceeds through the product development and execution cycle. The Research and Teaching Associate will create learning content in close collaboration with faculty and the broader HBS/HGSE Content Team as well as the larger course development team.
- Establish course organization and pacing; maintain course blueprint
- Develop a wide variety of written content including explanatory text, questions, exercises, and scripts for video recordings
- Design distinctive interactive learning experiences – work across the organization to define product functionality, represent the voice of the student in an iterative development process, and provide feedback via user acceptance testing process
- Enter course content in the HBX platform
- Facilitate review process as part of product launch
- Work closely with broader Content Team on planning
- Other duties, as necessary
- May engage with other HBX courses to provide support for content-specific inquiries from current students and facilitate and monitor course participation and progress
- Aid the platform development team in troubleshooting issues at the intersection of course content and technology