The mission of Harvard Business School (HBS) is to educate leaders who make a difference in the world.
HBX is Harvard Business School's vision of business education re-imagined for the digital age. Our mission is simple: to create learning experiences that bring business education to life. While product development is ongoing, we have two unique initial offerings - HBX CORe, our primer on the fundamentals of business and HBX Courses, a series of programs intended to showcase faculty ideas. Products are delivered through unique platforms, including 1) our online platform that offers self-paced learning experiences grounded in interactive, real world problem solving, and 2) HBX Live, a one-of-a-kind virtual classroom that allows participants worldwide to interact in real-time with one another and a faculty member much as they would in the famed HBS case classroom.
HBX is actively recruiting talented, creative people with a passion for technology, education and business. Benefits of joining the HBX team include being part of the HBS culture of learning and exposure to the larger University setting, while enjoying our fast-paced and high-energy start-up environment.
As part of the HBX Course Development team, the Research and Teaching Associate delivers novel online learning experiences. This role will be primarily focused on facilitating the student learning experience through activities such as course interventions, grading, and related content development for a subset of courses in the HBX portfolio, including the CORe program (courses in Business Analytics, Economics, and Financial Accounting) and the Disruptive Strategy with Clayton Christensen course.
- Facilitate and monitor course participation and progress. Identify instances where intervention in learners’ peer discussion would be helpful, conduct intervention or highlight for further review by Faculty and course team.
- Respond to content-specific inquiries from current students.
- Aid the platform development team in troubleshooting issues at the intersection of course content and technology.
- Maintain course content in the HBX platform.
- Articulate priorities for the ongoing refinement and enhancement of course content by studying student activity and feedback; make recommendations to Faculty and the Product Manager.
Student Assessment & Grading
- Work closely with Faculty to develop and maintain multiple assessments: pre-course diagnostics, practice questions, quizzes, and final exams. Write original thought-provoking questions and answers.
- Support Faculty by providing subject-area knowledge in the analysis of student performance.
- Evaluate student participation in the course.
In close collaboration with the larger course development team and Faculty, the Research and Teaching Associate will also
participate in Content Development activities for new courses in addition to the work mentioned above. Activities include:
- Conduct primary and secondary research on business topics.
- Write interview questions and scripts in the development of mini-cases.
- Develop interactive learning assessments leveraging the HBX platform.
- Enter and maintain course content in the HBX platform.
- Work closely with Product Managers on planning.
- Engage with marketing team to develop subject-specific, short-form content such as blogs and social media posts.
- Other duties, as necessary.