| || 41885BR |
| || Director of Communications |
| || Radcliffe Institute |
| || ------------ |
| || USA - MA - Cambridge |
| || Communications |
| || Full-time |
| || Communications |
| || 060 |
| || 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary |
| || Summary: |
Reporting to the Dean, the Director of Communications provides creative and innovative leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive, synergistic communications strategy for the Institute to engage internal and external audiences. This is achieved through the oversight of all print and digital materials the Institute uses to reach its audiences - website, media coverage, magazine, newsletter, social media, videos, appeal letters and other communication methods that share who we are, what we're doing, and why it matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads development of the Institute’s long-term communications vision.
- Translates vision into actionable plans measurable in quantitative terms (i.e., detailing one-, two-, and five year schedules and metrics).
- Develops and implements strategies for the Institute that identify its audience.
- Defines its messages and determines the methods to convey those messages consistently and effectively.
- Evaluates effectiveness of implemented strategies to adjust and revise as required for sustained improvement.
- Provides communications advice and support to Institute senior leaders.
- Ensures consistent branding, messaging, and content across the Institute’s program and administrative departments.
- Launches targeted and systemic effort to strengthen media relations and secure positive news coverage for the Institute in local, national, and international media.
- Supports the Dean to enhance her vision and initiatives.
- Works closely with Harvard Public Affairs & Communications and communications offices at other Harvvard schools.
- Writes and edits a broad range of materials for both print and digital use.
- Designs and manages Institute brand/style guidelines.
- Manages third-party relationships.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Directs a team of communications professionals. This includes hiring and training, planning and assigning work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
| || |
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of ten years progressively responsible experience in strategic communications planning; digital, social, and print media and public relations; perception management; internal communications; and crisis management, as well as proven effectiveness engaging local, national, and international media.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in the successful design and production of print and digital materials, including a familiarity with graphic design, web design, publications processes, and Google Analytics.
- Ability to supervise and train employees including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments; evaluating performance; and mentoring and coaching employees to achieve maximum productivity.
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills as well as proficiency in engaging effectively with a wide range of external and internal constituencies.
- Ability to lead and reorient teams in response to new opportunities and changing priorities.
- Strong strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to provide advice and counsel across a complex organization.
- Ability to deliver high quality work within designated timelines.
- Proficiency with technology, including all Microsoft Office products, as well as experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to build strong relationships, work independently, make decisions, maintain confidentiality, multitask, organize, and prioritize while maintaining high standards in a high volume environment.
| || |
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising goals and techniques preferred.
- Familiarity with Harvard and the Radcliffe Institute is a plus.
| || Please combine your cover letter and resume into a single document that is uploaded where you are instructed by ASPIRE, Harvard’s online application program, to "Upload my resume/CV from my computer." Please note that cover letters are required for every position at the Radcliffe Institute.|
About the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study
The Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University is dedicated to creating and sharing transformative ideas across the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences. The commitment to excellence and inquiry that characterized Radcliffe College is maintained in the innovative and wide-ranging work at the Radcliffe Institute, where advanced study is furthered through the Fellowship Program, Academic Ventures, and the Schlesinger Library.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to achieving our goals through the efforts of a highly skilled, diverse workforce. With outstanding benefits, competitive pay, extensive learning opportunities, and a stimulating and attractive work environment, the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University may be exactly the employer you’ve been looking for.
Please visit our website to learn more about us. www.radcliffe.harvard.edu
| ||Education |
| || We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. |